HybridZ

Ressurection and Build of my 280zx

akumazedex

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

So after a long ass hiatus, here's a little update on the s130. Last Friday it took a monumental poop. I had an injector go out, which in turn fouled the eff out of the plugs. Got new injector and new iridium ngk plugs in. Solved one problem in fixing that. Apparently my old nickel ngk's weren't putting out a strong enough spark in the high rpm's (4500-5000) causing a misfire. Ever since I put the iridiums in that completely went away! One fix repaired two problems!

Second, on my way yesterday to Davis to visit the girlfriend, the O2 sensor pooped out, probably from the retard rich earlier, and the car would start cutting out during acceleration, I have a A/F gauge and the reading were all over the place. Ran over to Kragen here in Davis got a new O2 sensor, put it in and were smooth as butter. The A/F gauge also reads right at stoich now compared to hella rich with the old O2.

That's pretty much it, been focusing on the S30 so no actual progress on this one, unless I find something cool I have to have lol

Still running NA ecu. Runs good enough when it's running right, cuz lately it has been a real ***** lol

So the car is being a real pain, cat got clogged, put a test pipe in. And now alternator is crapped out, doesn't charge at idle, an I'm sure it issnt putting out enough amps cuz the car runs like crap again.

However, even after all the crap it's been giving me I got something new for it. Camber plates! My buddy got coilovers for his s30 and Diddnt need these.

910DD238-3734-4451-9D44-8B920063F6D7-62230-0000120011210F4A.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Great build man! 

I'm kinda aiming for the same style with my ZX. I'm doing a respray in grey metallic, got a similar rear wing/spoiler and right now I'm building the same third brake light you got! Without the "turbo" though, because mine lacks one.. 

Just wanted to know what kind of color you used to respray the rear lights red with? Or what brand? Did you mask up the black stripes or just sprayed over them? I've got the all red rear lights too, and as I said, I'm trying to get my third brake light all red too!

Keep this thread alive, it's awesome!