HybridZ

1974 260z with rb?

I want those brackets too ! Can I get some ? How much ? What caliper are you going to run with them ?

BTW, You'll probably be getting a lot of reply's like this for those brackets. Its hard sourcing the 79-83 Maxima brackets, MM takes for ever, and Silver mine is kinda expensive and you have to use a 2006 mustang gt caliper.

Edited by Daz

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want those brackets too ! Can I get some ? How much ? What caliper are you going to run with them ?

BTW, You'll probably be getting a lot of reply's like this for those brackets. Its hard sourcing the 79-83 Maxima brackets, MM takes for ever, and Silver mine is kinda expensive and you have to use a 2006 mustang gt caliper.

I got those off from ebay, 3 months ago for 100 shipp. He included an manual on how to install these, so it's a pretty straight forward swap. I'll post more pix, after i source some calipers, and e-brake cable from the wrecking yard this weekend. Those caliper is a headache to source, and I feel that i got lucky enough to come by these.

I got those off from ebay, 3 months ago for 100 shipp. He included an manual on how to install these, so it's a pretty straight forward swap. I'll post more pix, after i source some calipers, and e-brake cable from the wrecking yard this weekend. Those caliper is a headache to source, and I feel that i got lucky enough to come by these.

Do you have the seller's info ? What calipers can you use with them ?

seller only has one set, because during that time my cousin ask me to ask him also. will for now, i am just using the 79 280zx calipers.

That's cool ! I think I'm going to save up and run this kit:http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/2324133720.html

I've been hearing some not so good things with the 240sx calipers. This kit is fairly cheap and seems to be better than the 240sx caliper setup.

April 19, 2011

Yesterday, I received my camber plates from ground control and was very happy on the quality. The suck part is that, they didn't include a manual on how to install these onto the s30. So for now, im on my own :(.

d3f01e86.jpg

Before I can start to measure where my camber plate is going to be mounted at, I will need to cut the top round peace that is in the center of the z engine bay strut housing (sorry dont no what its called, but from my knowledge, this is the best way of explaining it lol).

86038a37.jpg

Then I use a paint marker to trace out the camber plates, so i will know what is needed to be cut off and kept. 

a871fdcd.jpg

I then used a air disc cutter to cut off the highlighted part. Will after an hour and a half cutting both side, this is how it looks like. Uninstall and install plates on vehicle. 

09bd0491.jpg

a4cafb46.jpg

9f8e7f44.jpg

Install my coilover onto the plates and here's is how the front looks like. 

be386da2.jpg

April 19, 2011

Yesterday, I received my camber plates from ground control and was very happy on the quality. The suck part is that, they didn't include a manual on how to install these onto the s30. So for now, im on my own :(.

Before I can start to measure where my camber plate is going to be mounted at, I will need to cut the top round peace that is in the center of the z engine bay strut housing (sorry dont no what its called, but from my knowledge, this is the best way of explaining it lol).

Then I use a paint marker to trace out the camber plates, so i will know what is needed to be cut off and kept.

I then used a air disc cutter to cut off the highlighted part. Will after an hour and a half cutting both side, this is how it looks like. Uninstall and install plates on vehicle.

Install my coilover onto the plates and here's is how the front looks like.

Great Project look's Amazing!!

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
removed quoted images

04/25/2011

- I received my techno toy tension control arm and bump steer spacer from member"Starchamp". I know it's a steal buying it from him, because techno toy sell tension rod $200.00, bump steering spacer $80.00, plus shipping fees and tax. But thanks to his kindness, I was able to get it for $200, ship. :)

ccae067e.jpg

-Tension rod and bump steer spacer, both install. Now just need weld-in rear camber plates,  front and rear sway bar, then my suspension setup will be finished. 

18c7ef5c.jpg

04/25/2011

- I received my techno toy tension control arm and bump steer spacer from member"Starchamp". I know it's a steal buying it from him, because techno toy sell tension rod $200.00, bump steering spacer $80.00, plus shipping fees and tax. But thanks to his kindness, I was able to get it for $200, ship. :)

-Tension rod and bump steer spacer, both install. Now just need weld-in rear camber plates, front and rear sway bar, then my suspension setup will be finished.

I love the TTT tension rods. I just put them on my 240z and they are a beefy, well designed part. Nice build you have going on there!

04/30/2011

- I received a pair of 15mm spacer from "importsplanet" for the front 4 runner brakes to clear the Watanabe. I went with spacer because the WATS will not clear the 4 runner brakes at all. 

90490b20.jpg

Spacer clears front toyota s12w 4-runner calipers with Watanabe mounted on, but it looks like the new rear studs are too short. 

ad8683e5.jpg

4b6668f6.jpg

871ef522.jpg

So thinking if I should take the spacer to get it machine to 10mm, so I won't have to replace the stud or should I get long stud? Now off to order another pair of WATS for the rear. :P

Did you finish the rear brakes ? I found those same brackets for the same price you paid. Can you post pics with the caliper on if you have it done.

i have the calipers already and will be cleaning it tomorrow. Im looking towards this Saturday to mount it on the car. who did you buy those brackets from?

i have the calipers already and will be cleaning it tomorrow. Im looking towards this Saturday to mount it on the car. who did you buy those brackets from?

This guy in San Diego that I bought a dash cap from ! He has a 77' 280z with a rb20det thats pushing 450whp. He come's across stuff all the time, he has a z31 LSD and a RB20det that I'm thinking of buying. Apparently SD has a lot of JY with plenty of parts for 240z,260z & 280z. Plus a lot of speed shops tailored to datsuns.

May 3, 2011

- Today I decide to install my fiberglass bumper, airdam onto my z, so I can have more space inside my garage. But, before I can even mount these goodies onto the car, I will need to cut out a much bigger hole for my 3 inc intercooler pipe to fit the couplers. 

Cut some aluminum brackets and cut the existing hole larger. Then was able to mount up my front intercooler in place. 

45ccd768.jpg

Then install Front airdam, fiberglass front bumper, 240z grill, and msa clear bumper lens.

d81556e7.jpg

6e604819.jpg

May 08, 2011

"Fuel"

- Friday, my fuel parts finally arrive from jegs. I order most of the fuel parts as member 5thgenluder did on his rb25 build thread. I'll be more likely to do the same setup as him. 

My fuel lines are 3/8 aluminum lines and about 20 ft. 10 ft will be going out to the engine bay, and the other 10 will be used as  returned. 

I will be mounting my fuel stuff at the rear trunk inside of the spare tire location. I started to take out the spare tire from the trunk, and got surprise on how clean it is. Now Im debating if I should keep it or not, hmmm.

Will I decide to not cut it like how member 5thgenluder did his. Instead, I drill some tiny holes so I can mount the surge tank and fuel pump in place. Then drill a big hole on the right side so three lines can come out their, and on the left side, I drill another big hole so 2 lines can come out their.  

d6b3498f.jpg

I then use some left over fat mat from my 510 that I used to own, and stick it around the spare tire location, for ligther noise and vibration from both fuel pump. 

39d86108.jpg

4bcf6071.jpg

Instead of using fittings and braided lines as connector onto the filter, fuel pump and surge tank, I use regular 3/8 fuel lines with adjustable clamps to tighten it in place. So then I finally mounted everything in place, and this is how my fuel system setup look like from the top view. :)

9dc49277.jpg