HybridZ

Vintage Air Hotrod Air modern AC options

maichor

If this has been thoroughly covered before, feel free to delete this. However, I couldn't seem to find anything on the search for this. "AC" is only two letters long and so it won't even take that query.

I know there are members that have done this before. I even remember reading some posts, but like I said, I can't find anything now. SO . . .

What are your experiences with these kits or other options? I know Vintage Air has servo driven units. I don't want the hassle of the vacuum controlled systems. Has anyone used an aftermarket system like this or adapted one from another vehicle?

Thanks.

Maichor,

I just finished putting in a Vintage Air "Gen II Mini" heater/def/air cond package into my 73 240Z. I bought the package from wheels-of-time.com They had the complete package with everything you need to install the complete system. (My first try at putting in an A/C system).

WOrks great and was relatively easy to get into the dash. I modified the console for the control head by Dremmling out the 3 slide bars on the original control console for the heater and the Vintage (slide bar controls) fit very nicely into th efactory panel. The original rotor control for fan speed is still on the original panel so I just super glued it onto the panel int eh Off position. Turned out really nice (at least for what I was expecting.

Does a great job and you can barely see the corner of the new evaporating unit under the dash vs the original behemouth that was the heater blower.

I highly recommend...it's not cheap about 975 w/ shipping but it works great and the passenger footwell is not completely open for feet :-)

Also I can't take credit for it....found the idea here along with pictures

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/66236-installing-the-gen-ii-mini-ac-into-my-240/

Good luck

Hoops

• 3 weeks later...