HybridZ

Finally dyno'd this thing. Tried to hit 8psi (spring pressure), 12psi and 16psi, but only 8psi and under is tuned well. I was able to get to 10psi in the "3" runs I was allowed.

310 HP / 330 Ft.-lbs at 8 psi

360 HP / 375 Ft.-lbs at 10 psi

20160327_132826_zpswwiqq8z4.jpg

20160327_140724_zpsm4eyefem.jpg

Have some video I'm working on but it isn't that exciting.

Haven't done much. Updated to the latest firmware (MSExtra 3.4.2), as mine was quite old. I used TunerStudios firmware upgrade utility which seemed to work well despite one blank screen in the wizard. Tuned it a bit. Almost got some dyno time setup but decided to wait until it isn't so hot. So maybe later this month or October.

Made the 400HP club.

Had problems getting the boost up to 16psi like I wanted, but got 12psi-14psi tuned close enough. Think I may have left some accel enrichment on or something. Would be nice to have a dyno hold the RPMs steadier so I don't have to keep track of so much while tuning.

Uh... haven't been here in a while.

Got rid of the Sparco seat that didn't fit and the harness. Put stock one back in. Going to get a couple Corbeau Classic Buckets at some point.

Got new wheels for it. Epsilon Mesh 3 piece. 16x7.5" all around, got for a good deal I think. Going to swap my 225/50s on to them, but need a trailer or truck to haul all 8 wheels to the shop to get them swapped. Glad I finally am getting rid of the XXRs. They are OK except for the weight, and I've heard of them (not necessarily this model but the dual bolt pattern ones) breaking during autocrosses. I've had them on the car for about 7 years now, put them on soon after getting the car, on a student's budget so it was long passed time. Anyway this is a long ass post about wheels so here's a photo:

d3Rr0oh.jpg

Thinking about redoing the centers in black. Or maybe red. But don't want a ketchup-mustard car. Probably black. And as much as I dislike chrome, it seems to work well for the barrels against the window trim.

In other news I put a dent in one of the fenders after having to break into the garage <_<. I put in a steel door though so at least that can't happen again. I'll go for a window next time.

Edited by BLOZ UP

Got the tires swapped on the new wheels. Drove it to work the other day. Ran fine, but my stupid oil filter adapter (JB) welds leak. After I finish the Z32 I think I'll pull the engine on this.

But I also got a '85 Chevy truck that I'm liking a lot so I'm also fixing that one up a bit.

See ya next year!

0lo27Bl.jpg

Yeah, but the steering wheel shakes quite severely at speed. Just really feel like the car is not where I want it. I love the body -- ain't selling it. But I hate the drivetrain and suspension.

I also hate driving it in NJ traffic. In the truck everyone stays far away.