HybridZ
Bartman

Functional Fender Venting

I have a brake vent motor that I used to make a defroster for my Z. I was surprised with how much air it moves. 4 or 6 of them would probably work decently well for keeping underhood temps down. 

The other option would be to use the airflow around the car with louvers or flaps to get the air out. Louvered hood vents should help a bunch, or since you don't mind cutting holes in the fenderwells you could cut holes behind the radiator on the sides and then use S flaps on the front fenders to pull the hot air out of the rad out to the sides of the car. 

I just pop my hood so it's on the first lock but not all the way down, leaves a nice open space to the rear of the hood since the great Z hood opens in the direction. No danger of flipping up like cars that open to the front. I do it if it's super hot but since I got a really nice aluminum radiator it hasn't been as much of an issue. 

I just pop my hood so it's on the first lock but not all the way down, leaves a nice open space to the rear of the hood since the great Z hood opens in the direction. No danger of flipping up like cars that open to the front. I do it if it's super hot but since I got a really nice aluminum radiator it hasn't been as much of an issue. 

That first lock jiggles loose and it is unrestricted it comes up about 24" at 104mph....

I wonder how much it opens if you suddenly find yourself going backwards, or round-and-round. I know that happens to me with some regularity.

I know many government fleet vehicle have a secondary hood catch, consisting of a short strap with a snap hook near the primary latch, and an eye bolt attached to the hood. Should the main latch let go, or not be fully engaged the hood can only go up around 6" inches... I'll have to pay attention the next time I have a chance to examine one, might be a good safety investment!