HybridZ

PIC REQUEST: ROTA WM7 on a 240/260

7" wide is really small.

I bought Rota RB 15x8s and I'm wishing I had much more tire.

Also, as a 'personal taste' issue, I think those look really generic in silver. The graphite looks a bit better I guess.

yer there not massive but there not to bad... i will be going graphite, just want to see them on another zed first!!

A 7 inch wide wheel is not small, it is the typical width for wheels.

Seriously? You think 7" wide is a typical size for an aftermarket wheel?

I have 225s on my 8" rims [it's the widest I can fit and I personally think 225s are inadequate for a car with any decent amount of power] - if you can't run anything over a 215 on a custom wheel, what's the point? That seems ricey IMHO, only buying wheels for "the look."

Edited by FlatBlack

Yes, 7-inches is the typical width for aftermarket wheels. Most people who buy aftermarket wheels are simply replacing their OEM wheels. Most modern OEM wheel widths are 7-inches. It is not ricey to replace your wheels for aesthetic reasons. A majority of Z owners do just that. As John C states, tread compound does more than increasing width.

I have 225s on my 8" rims [it's the widest I can fit and I personally think 225s are inadequate for a car with any decent amount of power] - if you can't run anything over a 215 on a custom wheel, what's the point? That seems ricey IMHO, only buying wheels for "the look."

Any rubbing? What about 7 inch front and 8.5 in the back? What tire sizes do you recommend?

I run 225's on a 7.5'' rim...why can't you run anything higher? I think I could even go 235 :huh:

The 15x8 Rotas are +4

I have to run a 1/4" spacer in the front or I rub the front spring seat with 225s. I got them with brand new tires for the price of the tires.

Sans spacer:

IMG_0017.jpg

I need to get some RBRs

Yeah, the +4 will do that to ya.

RBR's are schweet! I think I might go that route eventually but I'm still loving my B-Bombs.

You need to get some NEGATIVE offset and run em Helllaaaaaafluchhshhshshshhh!!11!!onn!OnE1!

i was gonna say you need to get flares but then i though....HELLLLLL NAHHHHH you can just put a 205 on the rotas and theyll be helllaafuushchhshchh!11!!onE1!1!1on1o cause the tread will still be inside the wheel wells.

But on a serious note, i think that compound comment was not on track/or the right answer...since obviously the reason for WIDER tires....is so you dont have to run slicks...not to mention any "stickier" compound is going to wear faster, is more expensive, and isnt the greatest idea to run daily/rain/etc...

Edited by sticky280zx