HybridZ

{J REX from TEAM SHOGUN} S130 with S13 coil overs

ovenfood

do you mean pics of the actual coils in place?

{edit}

because i don't have any at the moment due to it no being on right (its producing positive camber and i didn't have my tools with me to fix it :<)

{/edit}

Edited by ovenfood

i believe the RB25DET NEO is going in friday yay my first custom engine swap :>

Lucky! I was gonna do that same motor swap a while back on my car, good choice and luck on the swap man like to see some pictures of the progress always thought the Neo was the second best next to the RB26 because you can get them with low miles and still not so old like the rest of the RB's.

Edited by 280zx@541

haha use the r31 skyline mounts .. it bolts right in ....

Will those work for an S30? I thought it was only the 200zr mounts that worked. I bet this is an S130 thing only huh? We should open a new dicussion as to not thread jack. (sorry about that)

• 2 weeks later...

found some on his my-face-space-book page

62993_497118994991_508404991_7236810_1039339_n.jpg

What did you use to swap it over to a five lug (front and rear)?

It looks kind of like a s13/s14 spindle with some z32 brakes up front.

I have been looking into doing this but have found out that it does produce a lot of positive camber.

What did you do to correct this issue?

Thanks,

Lindsey

its still the standard 4 stud we are just keeping it simple to start with, well there is a few ways to do this depending on your budget and parts availability, again keeping it simple we are opening the top hole in the bottom of the coil overs and when we get it right we are going to tack a washer in place, we are using hks coil overs and they are made of strong steal and this would not be a good idea on something weaker like the ones made out of aluminum.

my memory card died and i lost alot of pictures so ill have to get new one this weekend :>

Can you take some new pictures of everything behind the brake rotors.

Maybe even try and list some parts that aren't original ZX parts?

Everything looks great is the reason I ask, just want to duplicate a bit with parts we have here in our area.

Thanks,

Lindsey

Edited by rwdawg2

something like this where it is functional you mean ;) or just a mock up..

actually a 88 turbo hub fits on a 280zx spindle with the same bearings.. and you just need a small plate to make the r33/z32 tt alu 4 pots fit....

post-373-010171000 1288194238_thumb.jpg

post-373-088160300 1288194249_thumb.jpg

Edited by frank280zx

Yeah.

But now what did he run for coilovers?

Just seems like you can't do one without having all sorts of work to do the other. (Plus just seems like you would have a mis matched set of coilovers, whereas the other guy had a full set of s13 coilovers).

I was liking what Mack has done here

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/76341-s13-coilovers-s130-chassis/page__p__726579__hl__mack__fromsearch__1#entry726579

any input on this?

Edited by rwdawg2

ill post pics soon sry

got the S13 knuckles/ hubs

R33 GTST front brakes

front and rear S13 HKS coil overs (oval top hole on the front to correct the camber issues)

camber tops

now this is not what i would call a perfect formula as the angles of the holes in the knuckle force you to have your ball joint and control arm joint at bigger than normal angles and as i have not fully tested it i wont say its 100% safe but i have plans to remedy this (S13 LCA's like the S12 guys do :> and bent control arms) but we only get the weekend to work on it and we are no experts so its going slow :>

good news engine is one more adjustment of the cross member away from proper placement then ill measure up the clearances and draw up a flat patten of the sump and go welding :> i even have a block i can use to hold the sump while its welded to stop warping.