HybridZ

Who is genuinely interested in buying LSx LONG TUBE Headers for S30's?

You should be more concerned about the piping diameter going down to 2.5 inches instead of 3 inches. For the LS1 motors with aggressive heads and cam, a full 3 inch exhaust with either an X or H pipe is highly recommended.

Cable, is the 2.5 inch piping all we can do? 3 inches would provide optimum performance gained from the custom long tubes. Also these will be an X pipe correct?

I think the 3" exhaust is for single exhaust systems like on 4th Gen F-Bodies.

There are several reasons for the 2.5" headpipes. First is of course ground clearence. The second is because of the location of the cutouts is being planned to be placed just after where the header collectors end and the headpipes begin. So because of that, anytime you'd be racing logic says the cutouts would be open, bypassing the rest of the exhaust anyway.

The cutouts themselves will be 3", the reduced down to 2.5". As far as H or X pipe, that has yet to be decided until the header prototype is completed and the mock up the headpipe prototype is started.

Edited by Cable

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 3" exhaust is for single exhaust systems like on 4th Gen F-Bodies.

There are several reasons for the 2.5" headpipes. First is of course ground clearence. The second is because of the location of the cutouts is being planned to be placed just after where the header collectors end and the headpipes begin. So because of that, anytime you'd be racing logic says the cutouts would be open, bypassing the rest of the exhaust anyway.

The cutouts themselves will be 3", the reduced down to 2.5". As far as H or X pipe, that has yet to be decided until the header prototype is completed and I begin to mock up the headpipe prototype.

Sounds good.

Cable, Great deal for a set of headers. The other fitment concern I have is the angle of the engine, front to back, for proper clearance at the collector. I'm not running an independant rearend so the angle going out may be different. IF you have some reference points to determine if this is going to work i'd appreciate it. Dan

Cable, Great deal for a set of headers. The other fitment concern I have is the angle of the engine, front to back, for proper clearance at the collector. I'm not running an independant rearend so the angle going out may be different. IF you have some reference points to determine if this is going to work i'd appreciate it. Dan

Hello Dan, I think I understand what you are asking, so I'll do my best to answer.

The goal for the headers and collectors is to roughly follow the path that most guys use for their exhaust if running the JTR/Sanderson shorties. This way hopefully some folks will be able to reuse their existing exhaust by cutting their existing headpipes back and then having V-band flanges (and reducers, if needed) welded to their existing exhaust headpipes to allow hookup to the header collectors with ease.

I hope this helps!!

Edited by Cable

Totally. I want anyone/everyone seeing what they are buying BEFORE any money is exchanged. However, just for the sake of argument, let's assume that each set will cost $750. That way everyone knows what the cost COULD be, if it ends up being lower, that would be even better.

I plan on having the prototype set built within a week or so, then they get sent off to the header producer for a quote to copy them. I'd say less than 2 months from today before the first production set is completed.

Fitment will be the same or slightly better than the Sanderson's currently sold by JTR. See pricing above ;)

Ken, see above ;)

Cable, The other clearance concern I have is at the collector. I'm not using an independant rearend so the angle of the engine/trans may be different (collector to high or to low). If we could come up with some reference points that would be great. Dan

If the Sanderson headers (that JTR sells) work on your custom setup, then these will work too.

I am in for sure...1 7/8 with 3" collectors is fine with me...let me know when and where to send the money.

They are only going to be offered in 1 3/4" primaries (not 1 7/8") with 3" collectors. Sorry dude, let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks!!

Cable, Excuse my redundant question. Did not see that my last post went through. Won't these headers have a collector that plains out on the horizontal under the floor pan making engine height critical ?

Dan, I am glad you clarified your question. Yes, the engine height will play a role in relation to the collector(s) to the floor of the car and the ground.

The plan is to have the collectors and the floor running exactly parallel to each other. I just can't tell you (yet) that you aren't going to have problems if you aren't using the JCI mounting kit. However, after the prototypes are completed I will have pics posted of the them installed and off the car with a measuring tape to hopefully give you a better idea.

I hope that help at least alittle.

Okay guys, the driver side fits. Still need to attach the collector, but it gives you an idea, especially compared to the driver's side JTR/Sanderson header. I figured the driver's side would be the hardest due to the steering shaft. Gotta get some other work done and then I'll get started on the passenger side.

Sorry for the poor pic, digital camera is broken...

post-778-043500300 1286923552_thumb.jpg