HybridZ

Who is genuinely interested in buying LSx LONG TUBE Headers for S30's?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are only going to be offered in 1 3/4" primaries (not 1 7/8") with 3" collectors. Sorry dude, let me know if you are still interested.

Thanks!!

Yes, def. still interested in these headers. Was the decision made to go with a 3/4 because of clearance issues? Just wondering if there will be a later production of 1 7/8's set, as i would probably just wait for those.

Yes, def. still interested in these headers. Was the decision made to go with a 3/4 because of clearance issues? Just wondering if there will be a later production of 1 7/8's set, as i would probably just wait for those.

No plans to ever make anything but 1 3/4" primaries....

Sorry.

I'm in for a set. By the time they are available I should be ready unless the install of the engine/tranny and wiring go realy fast. I'm impatient but it might be worth the wait to have a set of long tubes in the 280z. Thanks Cable for putting in the man hours to get the ball rolling on a set of "real headers".

I am interested. Stainless rocks. I hate getting rust flakes in my eyes when under an old car, and I am always under mine. Went to stainless years ago and won't consider anything else in the future. I would love to see a sketch of how you will run the cut-outs. With my Borla XR1 muffler I can't hear my car at all when I line up against a purpose-built drag car with open exhaust. I have been left at the lights thinking that my engine had died wasn't running. Loud pipes may make hp, but in certain situations they make you a better driver too. For my LS swap, I was thinking about shorty headers with electric cut-outs going thru the fenders into the front wheel wells simply due to space constraints. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

The driver side goes in with the engine installed from the bottom with just the steering coupler unbolted.

The passenger side is giving me problems in order to install with the engine already installed.

Also,

Can't be any tougher than installing long tubes onto a 2007 Shelby GT-500 with the engine installed. Took me about 12 hours! Good luck with the fabricating!

Please add me to the list for at least the LT Headers. Headpipe direction will depend on decision to include X or H pipes. This is contingent upon the timing not extending into next summer. The project car needs to hit the highways by May or I will go batty.

If 1TuffZ ends up going with your goodies we can save a bit of shipping by sending my stuff to his house as well.

Thanks in advance for all of your efforts.

I'm undecided on this. I'm planning on installing my forged lq4 / f1 procharged setup soon, and was planning on having custom headers built using 1 7/8 primaries. I'm looking at making around 800-900rwhp, so I'm not sure how much 1 3/4 primaries will hinder my setup. I'll have to do some research on it, but if there will only be a negligible difference between the two primaries, I'll be in for the group buy. Then again, I've never driven a car with this much power, so even if it will rob me of 50 hp, who's to say I'm going to notice the difference between 850 and 900hp...I doubt I'll be at full throttle anyways. :)

And not to threadjack, but mxgsfmdpx, did that happen to be a convertible shelby?