HybridZ

240z to 280zx alternator upgrade

Good morning, can someone please guide me on how to do my 73 240z external voltage regulator swap to the 280zx alternator please.

thanks,

Juan.

Hmmm... Is the regulator the same as on the 1977 280z? I did the swap on my 280z. It is really simple. It will require the soldering iron and some heat shrink tubing. I would recommend delooming a majority of the harness to remove the extra wires running through it as well while cleaning up the rest of the harness. There is a write up on atlanticz, http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/alternatorswap/index.html . If you have any questions as to what the right up means or such just send me a PM and I will be glad to help.

EDIT: Looks like he has added the 73 wiring to the write up. (White w/ Red stripe to White w/ Black stripe, Solid White to Solid Yellow) Please look at the write up to clairify. This is what I got from the diagrams and pictures.

Edited by ModernS30

thanks, but its for a 240z not a 280z

I think modern is right: "Looks like he has added the 73 wiring to the write up. (White w/ Red stripe to White w/ Black stripe, Solid White to Solid Yellow) Please look at the write up to clairify. This is what I got from the diagrams and pictures." It should work for all S30s(?)

• 3 weeks later...

The cathode end of the diode (end with a white stripe) should be connected to the switched 12V connection (connector position "1" above). The anode end of the diode should be connected to the "L" terminal (connector position "5" above).<------any body have a pic or diagram on how the diode goes connected???? thanks

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...