HybridZ

Guess the 280ZX Turbo RWHP based only on Dyno video

cgmeredithjr

There was a time before the internet...

gtpzxturbodyno.jpg

Note the data was taken in FEB, and PLOTTED in APRIL.

So someone had a data log, and then PLOTTED the curve. MADE the curve. Not something done automatically.

This leaves stuff open for interpretation by the PLOTTER.

Ron was dead on my intent, piece of cake to fake.

But this is also HALF the story I was referring to... Perhaps someone has the original logs for the other half of the story.

It's like I said about confirming Thai Inscriptions that don't reference a date but which mention an event...one that can be found in other accounts that CAN be verified and cross-checked against indications in the inscription. FAR more reliable a research method than just trusting something on the internet.

Performance existed before commercialization of the internet. Because those people don't go and post up their accomplishments 30 years after the fact doesn't make them any less reliable or confirmable than some swarf posted in self-aggrandisement blogs using falsed-up data sheets!

Matter of fact, I tend to trust them MORE (as stated previously) because they DON'T have anything to prove. They won everything and conquered all. Their record speaks for itself. If you think they REALLY only had 750HP, and only ran 20.6 psi of boost... Take a gander at what Nissan had to to in 1991 to get that 1000hp out of their V6.

(FYI: 1 PSI of Boost is roughly equal to 2" of Mercury... do the math!)

Edited by Tony D

There was a time before the internet...

gtpzxturbodyno.jpg

Note the data was taken in FEB, and PLOTTED in APRIL.

So someone had a data log, and then PLOTTED the curve. MADE the curve. Not something done automatically.

This leaves stuff open for interpretation by the PLOTTER.

Ron was dead on my intent, piece of cake to fake.

But this is also HALF the story I was referring to... Perhaps someone has the original logs for the other half of the story.

It's like I said about confirming Thai Inscriptions that don't reference a date but which mention an event...one that can be found in other accounts that CAN be verified and cross-checked against indications in the inscription. FAR more reliable a research method than just trusting something on the internet.

Performance existed before commercialization of the internet. Because those people don't go and post up their accomplishments 30 years after the fact doesn't make them any less reliable or confirmable than some swarf posted in self-aggrandisement blogs using falsed-up data sheets!

Matter of fact, I tend to trust them MORE (as stated previously) because they DON'T have anything to prove. They won everything and conquered all. Their record speaks for itself. If you think they REALLY only had 750HP, and only ran 20.6 psi of boost... Take a gander at what Nissan had to to in 1991 to get that 1000hp out of their V6.

(FYI: 1 PSI of Boost is roughly equal to 2" of Mercury... do the math!)

Nice! So they were running 50PSI Boost on the GTP cars?

Cleve

Nice! So they were running 50PSI Boost on the GTP cars?

Cleve

Well, it does say "in Hga" for the units - the "a" usually means "absolute", but "boost" usually means "relative to atmospheric", so it's hard to say. It's either 51psi or ~36psi, depending on what they meant by that. Nothing to sneeze at either way.

BTW, I don't have a blog, self-aggrandizing or other... :mrgreen:

Edited by TimZ

Actually having the raw pulls would satiate my curiosity more than answer some 'documentation' claim. If Knepp says it was, that's good enough for me. The pull here on the GTP car is interesting for the boost response, it reveals some stuff I suspected but couldn't be absolutely sure about.

I think the E-motive pulls would be equally enlightening! Even if they weren't 'all out' top power pulls...

Im talking about timZ being the highest hp documented l28et and you guys talk about how easy it is to fake...

I'm supprised Tim isn't insulted.

I might have been had somebody else said it.

Always consider the source - Tony's and Ron's reputation are what they are for good reason, not just because they post a lot. I wasn't worried that they were talking about me - I know them better than that by now. :mrgreen:

Btw - they are right, it would be easy to fake. At some point you have to figure out whether you believe the source or not, which is what Tony was getting at.

Edited by TimZ

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

pretty sure thats just the drivetrain not the car, the car was always the useless part of the equation, i wouldnt have even thought about riding in that junker with that motor setup or even 1/2 of the claimed power without worrying about dying that day.

Good luck with the sale....where is Darius or someone else with DEEP pockets that would finally put this beast to work and NOT blow up...