HybridZ

2Jzge alternator charging issue

Livin9it2up1

Iv done it! iv successfully swapped a 2jzge from a 93 sc300 into my 280z, i have it running perfectly with the factory 2jz engine harness and computer, now the issue.. i cannot for the life of me figure out the wiring for the alternater. any help that can be given would be really appreciated, thank you in advanced!

theres 3 prongs, all 3 must be connected to work. one needs 12v, one needs to be on a circuit witha charging light. and one is ground I believe. For mine I wired a small light right on the plug that tapped into the 12v ignition power. You dont want constant 12V on the alt but an ignition 12v source that comes on with the key. I had issues too and all tires has to be connected on mine

I got it working finally! I just used the stock 280z alternator plug and wired the 2 wires from that directly to the alternator plug, and the last wire, i believe black and yellow runs into on of the plugs by the ECU and i wired that to switched ignition power. Started er up and ran 14.15 volts right off the bat. Thanks for the help everyone!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

alright searched everywhere trying to solve one problem at a time just got my 240z with 2jzge done starts up. Ran into a lot of issues now my alternator wont charge, though the thing was dead - bought a new one .... still wont charge now im thinking i SCEWED up my wiring need help on how to wire up the alternator