HybridZ

Header tip?

HaaJeHaa

The old rusty header that was on my 280z when I bought it now needs a replacement. What's the best header I can buy, and where? Is the Stahl header that MSA sells any good? What about the Monza, MSA or Motorsport?

I'm building the rest of the exhaust myself. Thinking 3" stainless steel with an open 4" muffler. I want it loud! Or should I go for a 2,5" system?

Edited by HaaJeHaa

I've got a MSA 6 in 1 with 2 1/2 inch exhaust and mufflers. I believe it is better than the 6 into 2 as I had one on my car in the past and wasn't too impressed. Without mufflers these car are loud with that 6-1 header. I ran it with no pipe in the driveway and the neighbors came over and thought I had a Big Block Chevy under the hood from the sound. If you get a racing header the larger tube size is suppose to effect the RPM power range. I did the bulk of the exhaust myself and it would probably be easier to fit 2 1/2 inch than three but do whatever works for you. It's always a pain when you go to a lot of work an than are not pleased with the results. You will usually than have to redo the whole job again to get it just how you want it.