HybridZ

Forum etiquette, HBZ style.

ModernS30

Everyone realizes there is a built in spell-check to the forum software, right? The little squiggly red lines under the words aren't just for effect, they actually mean something. ;) All you have to do is right-click on the red squiggly underlined word, and choose what you were actually trying to spell. The goal is to have zero red squiggly underlined words before you hit the post button. B)

Everyone realizes there is a built in spell-check to the forum software, right? The little squiggly red lines under the words aren't just for effect, they actually mean something. ;) All you have to do is right-click on the red squiggly underlined word, and choose what you were actually trying to spell. The goal is to have zero red squiggly underlined words before you hit the post button. B)

Drax, can you go ahead and make your post it's own sticky??? I think this is one of the elephants in the room. ^_^

"How do I enable that, I get no red squigglies."

;)

Um, what browser are you using?

The squiggly red lines are Firefox's built-in spell checker. That said, the forum DOES link to a spell checker(upper right hand corner of the text field, 'ABC' with a check mark), and most browsers and even OSs now have them built in, as well. Homonyms aside (there, their, they're), there's no longer an excuse for bad spelling. Much of the reading and writing involved on the web is at a fourth grade level...a fourth grader can communicate properly on the web if they stick to what they've been taught.

Edited by capt_furious

The easiest approach is to compose one’s posts within word-processing software. This not only tracks spelling and grammar (or if you prefer, “grammerâ€), but is also useful as a diary of one’s posts. Mine may hardly be worth saving, but I have files with most of my posts, going back to February 2000.

Firefox! You mean some people still use IE? Gah!

For those that cannot spell, I highly recommend using Firefox. :P

You mean people still use Firefox? No, totally kidding, Firefox takes up way to much room. Chrome is much better, I use Firefox. Why? I am really not sure. :D

I think I would give the I.T. guys back at corporate a hemmorage if I used something non-listed on the company laptop.

And out of respect for the mess they likely would have to clean up eventually, I don't press the issue and stick with non-squiggily IE...

'Cause that's the kind of guy I am.

(Like the Tie-In with the earlier pontification?)