HybridZ

78 Datsun 280z ------> 5.3 build

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed my HID's last night. WOW. I forgot what its like to drive something with headlights!

I also found the root cause of my headlight problems. One of the previous owners had done some VERY questionable wiring on the headlight circuit, and was shorting out. Once i found the splice, I took the electrical tape off it, and the connectors literally all came off in my hands. I can't believe some people actually think that only crimping on connectors is enough for a long-term repair. 

Drove to a friend's house to pick up a spanner wrench to adjust ride height some more, and came back to crash.

Hopefully get the rear raised up some more today and put the rear flares on, so I can trim my mullet.

My coilovers don't have a seperate preload and height adjustment. 

I'm beginning to think about upgrading to some that do though, after this whole fiasco.

as seen here.............................

2013-01-16_19-51-16_232.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

Finished the valve covers yesterday. Sand blasted them, had -10 fittings welded on (for pcv), hot tanked them, and painted them with some black crinkle paint. 

I liked how they came out.

2013-03-24_14-34-02_672_zps77c89f72.jpg

Hey Josey. Can you get me a pic of you pcv setup? Id like to see how it came out.

Hey Josey. Can you get me a pic of you pcv setup? Id like to see how it came out.

I sure can do that. I still have one small bracket to modify to fully mount the catch can, but its in place, and working for the time being.

Edited by SUNNY Z

PIcs of the engine bay / catch can system, as promised.

Here she is! Theres still some projects happening in this picture, to be clear. (because the picture isn't) :/

IMG_20130418_215404_806_zps05427acd.jpg

Catch can is a Moroso. Like $35 from summit. Welded on -10 bungs to each valve cover at the rear. 90* fittings on both valve covers, and on the drivers side of the catch can. I used a 135* fitting on the intake side where it was tight. ~4.5' of -10 braided line.

IMG_20130418_215427_617_zps2d9a26d9.jpg

Edited by SUNNY Z

whoa...when was the N2O added? NICE

Wait, WHAT N2O? Lol thats the in progress project. 

Shhhhh, don't tell the locals. There are a couple 800+ hp cobras that I want to surprise! :D

Edited by SUNNY Z

When ya headed to the track next?  I'm gonna starve myself next week and put less gas in the car to try to get under 11 next week.  If you spray, our conversations are gonna get really short!

We don't have any dates set yet. The weather still isn't fully cooperating. It snowed very lightly last night.

I imagine it will be at least 3 weeks before I hit a track.

You should weigh your car. Most tracks have scales.

Dude, when you hit the spray, it ain't gonna matter how much I weigh! Plus my ass gets bigger every day, wait till you hit 45 and need purple pills like the rest of us(this is a joke, BTW)! A leaking brake caliper turned into a leaking brake caliper PLUS a leaking special-order brake line today😥. Doing the axle stubs while waiting for that. Just did the slide hammer thing. Wishing I had never done the rear disc swap. No improvement in performance, just one more friggin project. The punk at the parts store kept trying to figure out my problem and I was like :" dude, just order the dang part before I punch your face in"- I'm frustrated and pissed off!!! Looks like I have another race weekend ahead on no sleep.