HybridZ

Clutch issue - Need help with the Master, por favor

Blakt Out

Hey guys:

I've got the Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch kit and lightweight flywheel on my SR. I'm currently using the stock 1972 master cylinder, and with all the adjustment out of the rod (under the dash) it doesn't engage.... in other words, it's hard to get in and out of first and reverse.

I need to go to a larger master cylinder, right? So, the stock one is 5/8", right? And Wilwood makes one that is a 3/4". Or... can I just go down to AutoZone and get a 280ZX master? What size is it? 15/16? I read that with the ZX one, I'll have to drill on the firewall, which is just not a solution for me right now. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Jared

Hey guys:

I've got the Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch kit and lightweight flywheel on my SR. I'm currently using the stock 1972 master cylinder, and with all the adjustment out of the rod (under the dash) it doesn't engage.... in other words, it's hard to get in and out of first and reverse.

I need to go to a larger master cylinder, right? So, the stock one is 5/8", right? And Wilwood makes one that is a 3/4". Or... can I just go down to AutoZone and get a 280ZX master? What size is it? 15/16? I read that with the ZX one, I'll have to drill on the firewall, which is just not a solution for me right now. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance, fellas.

Jared

The 15/16 master refers to the brake master cylinder on ZX's.

I Would look for a Tilton 7/8 master

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TIL-74-875U/?rtype=10

Have you adjusted the slave cylinder on the transmission that accuates the clutch fork ?

• 2 weeks later...