HybridZ

turn signal switch cover removal? 1982 ZX

oldschool2

I have an intermitent turn signal problem. Sometimes it will not signal left. Sometimes it will not signal right. Hazard lights work OK. FYI: 1982 has only one TS flasher for both the Hazard and Turn Signal. I have replaced the flasher 3 times.

Specifically, I am trying to get the top cover off the steering column that the switch sets under. Sometimes when I jiggle the TS switch handle, the flasher works for awhile then stops. Maybe there is a loose wire in the turn signal assembly, but I can not get the cover off to check-it-out.

Also, where in the front headlight area do the turn signals GROUND?

Thanks

I have an intermitent turn signal problem. Sometimes it will not signal left. Sometimes it will not signal right. Hazard lights work OK. FYI: 1982 has only one TS flasher for both the Hazard and Turn Signal. I have replaced the flasher 3 times.

Specifically, I am trying to get the top cover off the steering column that the switch sets under. Sometimes when I jiggle the TS switch handle, the flasher works for awhile then stops. Maybe there is a loose wire in the turn signal assembly, but I can not get the cover off to check-it-out.

Also, where in the front headlight area do the turn signals GROUND?

Thanks

There a little screws under the column housing, the trim around the ignition switch has to be popped out too.

Make sure your gentile pulling it apart, there are little plastic dowels that hold it together as well.

The lighting harness ground should be on the passenger side fender well, close to the middle.