HybridZ

240z and 280z mounts and drive shaft

ds0440

Okay so I am kinda new here. I might probably get flamed for this but....... I was looking at purchasing an rb20 with Mckinney mounts and drive shaft from another member here. The mounts and drive shaft are for a 76 280z. I cannot find any conclusive information in writing on weather these mounts and drive shaft would interchange with a 73 240z. When I got on Mckinneys website and looked at he pictures of their 240z it shows the mounts for the 240, 260, and 280. They look slightly different. But here and there on some forums I have read that the stock motors (240, 260, and 280) can be interchanged with some exceptions. I can do some slight modification to the mounts if i have to. I just do not want to put it all in and not be able to use the drive shaft or something of the like (seeing as how I am paying for it). Sorry that I had to ask but i can not buy this setup based off of some chopped up information, and that is all I can seem to find. I need to be sure it will all work. Thank You, anyone that can help me out..... To everyone else no sweat I have my Nomex on.

I just noticed that you are in Atlanta, if you would like to take a look at my set up come on over. I just finished installing a holset hx35 turbo, 440cc injectors and external wastegate, and plazmaman intake. I'm going to get it tuned soon.

Edited by pat1

the engine adapters and mount are the same... However the trans crossmember May different, the trans mount is the same and driveshaft should work. You may need new trans crossember send picture of which one you have. There is some change in the 260 to 280 based on year and production date. A picture will allow me to clear it up for you..

Mack

the engine adapters and mount are the same... However the trans crossmember May different, the trans mount is the same and driveshaft should work. You may need new trans crossember send picture of which one you have. There is some change in the 260 to 280 based on year and production date. A picture will allow me to clear it up for you..

Mack

Thanks for the help. I will post up some pictures tomorrow.

PAT1 yeah I would love to come check out you setup sometime. Thanks for the invite! B)

Alright, I was not sure of what crossmember you needed to see. So here are pictures of both (stock and Mckinney).

Sorry about the crappy picture of the Mckinney crossmember I just took it from the other member's post. Maybe it is just me, but that doesn't look like it will work.

Thanks for all the help.

post-12954-047056500 1288707203_thumb.jpg

post-12954-021010900 1288707217_thumb.jpg

post-12954-097090200 1288707227_thumb.jpg

You will need a diferent trans crossmember, if you was not installed we will exchange it for free. if it was installed call me and we will work out a discount/ exchange deal for you...Mack

Awesome! It has not been installed yet. Tanks for the help