HybridZ

Custom adaptor plate, Buick V8 to Nissan 5 spd..

Hi all,

just want some input on getting a trans adaptor made.

I want to put my 1972 buick 350 into my 1991 4cyl Hardbody 4x4, the trans blew...so I bought a V6 parts truck but now I'm thinking if I'm gonna go through all this trouble, I wanna put the V8 in....but I want to keep a manual transmission. I can't find an adaptor for the TX10 transfer case to any manual transmission, so I was thinking of just using the FS5R30A trans that comes with the 6cyl. The Buick is just a stock rebuild with a mild cam upgrade (guessing around 300hp and 350lb ft on a good day)

I think that the trans should hold up as long as I don't do stupid stuff like drop the clutch in low range, what do you guys think? I really, really don't want to go to an automatic, they are no fun.

As far as I know, the transfer case will easily tolerate teh power and the rear is the H233b...so I don't think a 350 is even gonna faze it. (The 455 I also have is another story, but I'll get to that later...lol)

Thank you for any inputs or suggestions....The buick is 2" shorter than a chev 350 which has been installed in these trucks so i KNOW it will fit ;)

Bryan

1-I have the nissan trans and two nissan transfer cases? (But neither is divorced)

2-I won't have to fab shifters, clutch linkages (I don't know of a hydraulic BUICK bellhousing do you?), driveshafts and trans crossmembers? I'm already gonna have to fab an oil pan (to clear the front diff) and motor mounts

3) if I'm gonna go buy a chevy trans and transfer I may as well buy one with a chev motor attached ;) I really wanna try to use what I have. Thank u for the suggestion though!