HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

After 450hp at the wheels with a rb30 you have no hope of tracktion , the last one i did, i droped boost down to 12 that was as low as it would go , it was still 300kw atw fryed the wheels any gear lol at 18psi it was 417kw lol and it was not safe at any speed , the car will be faster at 10psi .. the clutch has no chance with your motor , the torque from the 3L is way past that twin plate , there ok in 2L sr  but not for your engine , the last 3026 i built with a 66 wheel turbo made 540kw on E85  atw .  3 plate clutch  is a must for you with this combo

Both really, this thing scares the shit out of me as is, but a few tuners are saying the boost solenoid will max out, but i would think the opposite.

Hmmm I wonder if they are referring to the settings for the solenoid. If the AEM is anything like the HKS boost controller you have %s you can set at. The higher you go the higher your boost. dosnt really matter what you spring in the wastegate is (i think) I have a 8lb sping in my 60mm WG and it boosts 8psi when the controller was turned off. When on we were able to tune to 30 PSI with no issues, and i wasnt even past 50% yet. My guess would be the turbo would max out before the solenoids ability to control boost was lost.

• 1 month later...

Probably just tear up some tires, need some stickies... Not to mention this is my first time on a track with turns... As well as my first RWD car (other than truck)...

Edited by ZT-R

Do you think she detonated? Could it be in the head? You haven't checked the compression yet? Hard to believe a RIPS built forged bottom motor would give out that fast, which is why I'm passing good motor vibes your way on this!  It will be something minor!  It will be something minor!   :2thumbs:

Sounds fine to me. Cranked it yesterday and it was fine, no smoke. Drove it down to Robeling Rd raceway and back, did fine. I dont get it. The snail looked fine. I checked the pressure to the turbo by teeing in a oil pressure gauge and it never saw above 60psi... PCV seems to be breathing fine...