HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

• 3 weeks later...

Be careful with that Braille battery. I bought one for my Z32 and I let it drain down. After that it wouldn't hold a charge over a few days. I ended up just using a Miata battery from Autozone. It weighs 26lbs instead of 40+ lbs of the stock one.

Endyn. 

I just wanted to ask you a few questions about your head work since no one else asked. I dont recall reading if it was just some lite P&P and valve job or did you go all out? Were/ are you happy with the work Endyn did for you. Would you be willing to disclose  the flow numbers? If not I understand I wanted to compare the Nissan 26 head flow numbers vs other top flowing heads i.e 2jz, B18, ect......

Great Build!!!!

He didnt send me flow numbers. The craftsmanship looked great, but I know the truth is in the numbers. It does breathe very easily. I may end up swapping over to the BG EFR 9series snail or at least the 8series and try to pickup some spool, not that its containable currently anyway... I will shoot him an email and see if he has flow numbers.

13" rear brake rotor upgrade, not much of a pic, but it fills the wheels up decent.

8721087471_02144be692_b.jpg

No, I'm not using their pistons. We left the combustion chamber alone, just deburred and cleaned it up. 70.6cc is  the final number on the volume. I know people say the stock rb is like 64cc but thats not correct, its more like 67-68cc. I used custom 9:1 CP pistons and a 8.5 or something like that head gasket (thin one) which should net 8:5:1 if I remember correctly. 

Edited by ZT-R

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Rb26 head from Larry/Endyn as well, the work looks great.. He doesn't flow individual heads, he told me he just flowed a couple, as its a CNC'd port job so they should all be the same. I got flow numbers of 305 intake and 245 exhaust or something close to that.. i cant remember exactly.. this was a 28 inch's and .450 lift

I'm using off the shelve Wiesco's and the stock combustion chamber design as well.

I'm not sure what kind of power it makes but i went 126mph in the 1/4 mile on 17psi and 92 pump gas (self tuned) i'm guessing around 500whp this is in a full weight 98 240sx with AC :)

The motor is an RB25 as well, i mated the 26 head to it.

I have a Rb26 head from Larry/Endyn as well, the work looks great.. He doesn't flow individual heads, he told me he just flowed a couple, as its a CNC'd port job so they should all be the same. I got flow numbers of 305 intake and 245 exhaust or something close to that.. i cant remember exactly.. this was a 28 inch's and .450 lift

I'm using off the shelve Wiesco's and the stock combustion chamber design as well.

I'm not sure what kind of power it makes but i went 126mph in the 1/4 mile on 17psi and 92 pump gas (self tuned) i'm guessing around 500whp this is in a full weight 98 240sx with AC :)

The motor is an RB25 as well, i mated the 26 head to it.

Thanks for the info thats exactly what I was looking for. Nice work guys. I look forward to following your progress.

• 4 weeks later...

Kicker SoloBaric 8" Sub installed, but having a problem with the receivers subwoofer preouts... Things cant work, even when they are brand new. Where has Quality Control vanished too... Oh well... Moving onward. 

9055062554_ec56d9109c_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...