HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

working on the oil catch can at the moment. trying to figure out if i want to vent it to the exhaust or not. still waiting on T3 parts to test drive. maybe finish the tank and work on the intake this weekend. ups lost my downpipe, so mckinney is making yet another haha. i really should have just made it to begin with. looks simple. then work on the exhaust. i am thinking 3" stainless with a 3" borla resonator and some sort of muffler. i like the HKS dragger look but i dont think you can get those anymore. i think the apexi N1 and hks, greddy is just to big.

finished the oil catch can... calling it a night im tired. I tried to find stainless steel but this town sucks so i had to settle for copper, i thought that would be better than the regular steel crap.

5716957357_848db18454_b.jpg

5716957595_bf539f087a_b.jpg

5716957819_beafdddc6a_b.jpg

5716958017_f760120abd_b.jpg

5716958215_90a98094eb_b.jpg

Well, got a little bit of tinkering done. Got the downpipe wrapped in that DEI titanium head wrap and fabbed up the evap valve. hopefully i can find a vacuum gauge tomorrow and test how much vac it will pull. Rebuilt the Z32 rear brake calipers, bead blasted the hubs, brake hardware, backing plates, etc and painted them. Played with my blinkers and all that, got some weird electrial issues i will have to sort out, but you dont need blinkers and headlights if its not on the road B) . Got my tube chassis 280z on its own wheels and took it to work to make room for the baby girl when she gets off life support. :D

Hopefully this downpipe willn't be to low, it hangs down pretty damn good though. i think i might cut off the last 2 foot or so and stuff it in the hole better. wish i could get this damn drivetrain vibration solved 1st though. Im thinking i need to make a new rear trans mount. don't think this *Vendor omitted* one is going to work to my standards( not that its build quality or anything, just hard to make a suitable one with the stock trans mounts).

left my camera at the office. pics later

running outta energy... taking a cruize in july (provided i still have a company to run)... so that will be my vacation.

Getting burned out but getting close to a good point in taking a break.I would be done if people would send me the correct parts. I feel like that Sarah Mclachlan song

Spend all your time waiting

For that second chance to get the right parts

For a break that would make it okay

There’s always one reason

To feel like cussing someone out

And it’s hard at the end of the day

I need some distraction

Oh beautiful RB

Fuel seeps though my surge tank

Let it not be empty

And weightless and maybe

I’ll find some place to do a burnout tonight

haha, sorry I have not had my coffee yet this morning..

well another weekend down and nothing to show for it. Got the new downpipe installed, had to modifiy this one a little bit too. It still hits the transmission mount but im thinking of how i want to make a new one anyway so f that piece of ****. I measured the droop that the mckinney one has and its 1 inch drop from unweighted to weighted no wonder there is severe drivetrain vibes, turns out it broke my speed sensor when it drooped that much. anyone have one those those (red gear).

dp hits tranny here

5749007774_57e1c07914_b.jpg

here

5749008158_44d41ae847_b.jpg

and here

5748461131_bae655eb5a_b.jpg

i modified it some with a 5lb slede hammer and a vice so it fits but it still rubs, gonna take care of that when i start making the exhaust and hacking this dp up. not impressed with these parts except the oil pan that was/is incredible.

5749009356_aa6e664775_b.jpg

5749009730_a0b1c1f374_b.jpg

5748462157_e11b2f90bb_b.jpg

5749010446_5913b4d52f_b.jpg

well i dont get how to use this multiquote thing, but thanks joel. im gonna put a vac gauge on it and see how much it pulls. i know it pulls a small amount at high rpm but thats under no load. R34 heavy duty RWD, maybe the weakest link in the build??

Who did the oil pan? Looks like it attaches to the transmission like the rb26 one? Transmission mount does look a little flimsy.

Its a Mckinney one. no it doesnt attach to the trans but you do have to pull the trans to remove it, not all the way out but the flange will not clear the bottom of the bell housing.

Edited by ZT-R

Looking at your build makes mine seem inadequate haha. Nice job on the custom stuff.

sad part none it is really gains performance :(

but thanks i need some inspiration, now if i can find a chick that gives back and neck massages i'd be set B)

• 4 weeks later...

ok finally an update... i drove it around the parking lot... that was beer inspiring, man i see an electric power assist steering in my future. Got the rear finished here is 2 pics of that, i will get more shortly.

5843993338_1350e7e02a_b.jpg

5843446747_381b26b01c_b.jpg

Ended up having to use the low mount R230 mustache bar instead of the high mount to get the driveline angles with the mckinney mounts.... Still dont have all the vibration out, but it was a big difference.

Still need to put on the cotter pins on the rear axle, align it, finish fuel system (running on surge tank at the moment), mount ecu, make intake setup, fab exhaust, and stuff like that. but it coming along. i havent been able to work on it in almost 2 weeks. Clutch and brakes seem ok. I made some Stainless rear brake lines and will do the front when i upgrade to the ACZ brake setup and 5 lugs. i will probably stay with the Z32 rear brake setup, i am currently modifying the parking break to work with it. Right now im stuck with shitty 5 lug wheels off a ford ranger, the bullet hole wheels but oh well, progress is progress. :blink:

yea it does look mean, but its got no real big performance stuff on it yet... i wouldn't mind putting a set of N1 turbos on it but then again i might do a small to medium single turbo if i do an upgrade.

Well didnt have long to work on it this week but made some progress.

Here is the ECU plate. You cant see it but i used rubber well nuts to mount it to the chassis so that will give it vibration protection and also the ecu is velcroed on. I welded a little ledge for it to rest on too. The velcro is not on there yet in the pics. Not going to put it on till i test drive it on the street.

5850935347_ed2db76f58_b.jpg

5851483808_86d9e0499b_b.jpg

5851483400_0a8c9a9e7e_b.jpg

Finished up the fuel system and got the parking brake figured out (will post the parking brake setup tomorrow or tuesday).

5850934917_a63c2ca3a5_b.jpg

5851486770_712b6f60d2_b.jpg

5851486350_c3cca2e4e3_b.jpg

5850932579_8cfcc04ac2_b.jpg

5850932199_3a48defcd4_b.jpg

5851484198_44d3a868c0_b.jpg

I have a megan turbo GT muffler and 409 16ga pipe on the way, hopefully be here by the weekend so i can start that. I have an oil leak somewhere on the drivers side, think it might be a valve cover gasket or a cam seal (which is new though), gotta get someone to look while i run it on the rack.