HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

Was it missing before the cams? Do you have a valve staying open? Did you put a too big of a shim in and it's causing the valve to stick open. Do a leak down test.

Are the cams timed correctly?

My leakdown gauges are reading retarded, but I knew it was a valve on six so i reopened her and reshimmed it. I must have checked lash 6 times or so before starting it so i dont know how the hell it was so far off. Something must not have been seated correcty or something. Anyway with it relashed the compression went back up to about 122. Still lower the all the others but six was my lowest one in the past. others are about 145. Anyway I put everything back together for the 20th time and im driving it around now. Wow what a difference the 4.11 gears make. I assume most of what I am feeling is the gears, maybe some is the cams but wow, totally different car. I had to retune the fuel and idle alot under 3500 rpm. Blew off the charge pipe on the decel @ 12psi, guess i need another blow off valve. All my pipes have nipples around the the end of the pipe to hold them on there and T-bolt clamps. I am confident that I can do a timing belt in my car in about an hour now. One of my guys said holy crap how did you do that so fast, I said I just used your tools. lol. Anyway I will check the compression on that cylinder when its hot tomorrow. I can still pull the coil wire off that cylinder and not notice a drop in rpm. You can tell it has a cam by the way it idles. More info tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I lost the rear turbo yesterday, i did haul some balls at 20psi lol. Im thinking twin GTX 2863 or a small single, think i would like a 3076 size but i hear that one is kinda mismatched. I havent seen any dynos of the GT3576 only the 3582.

• 3 weeks later...