HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

Oh course. Had a good shop go though everything and assemble.. Oh by the way something just seized locked the belt and bent all the valves.
(assuming valves are bent cause the belt slipped). 
$ deep in engines. Time to go ls9 or just lease  a 997 and beat the crap out of it for a few months and get it out of my system.

Well they missed something or your doing something wrong. This keeps happening each time. I've been turning wrenches for a living for over twenty years and I have seen a lot of messed up crap but never 3 times in a row and to the same person. Something is being done incorrectly or is being over looked.

Are you sure it's metal? On just about every engine build I have done, the assembly lube can appear like metallic bits, and can give a false sense of something wrong. The fact that it looks to be floating suggests this may just be assembly lube. If you can't really pick out a piece, as in put some of the oil on your finger and there is no silver left on your hand after the oil drips off your hand, I would not worry. I'd put in more oil and run it, I bet you will find less and less of this silver with each oil change. If you can actually pick out pieces, then well, yeah it's not good then...

I know you mentioned a few pages back that you had trouble after swapping to Royal Purple oil, but I will say this, Royal Purple is all I run in my toys, and have had no issues with it. I like it more than the Mobil 1 Synthetic I was using previously. I have used Royal Purple for at least 5 years now.

Well I'm assuming the valves are going to be bent. i got everything back to TDC with the belt off, the idler snapped. WTF man i bought a cam belt tension gauge and had everything set to 196nm. WTF 

The man's trying to keep me down man i swear.

13821143584_dfe1fa4e48.jpg
13820800915_87ec355c4f.jpg
13821130954_2eeffa2504.jpg

This is very common with the rb motors. You can buy a collared bolt that prevents this from happening. I had it on my rb.

196nm is 144 ft lbs,that's too tight. It's 43-56 nm if I'm reading the manual correctly. It's a bit blurry on the inter web. 196nn is tighter than a banjo string. I've always done it by feel. I bet that belt was singing.

Edited by pat1