HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

What suspension are you running?

Techno Toy Tuning, which are ground control sleeves and collars, eibock springs (225FR, 250Rear) and tokico 5way adjustable shocks.

thanks Joel.... btw how the hell do you work the multiquote feature??

Ok, here is the how to on how to hook up the Z32 parking brake to the s30 (at least the 240z)

You need a balance bar from a z32. I bought the entire ebrake handle for .99 on ebay and 5 bucks shipping, turns out it was Z1 motorsports.

Here are the differences....

5854884100_1d657c0505_b.jpg

5854883324_f6d649a409_b.jpg

Cut the cable off and remove the balance bar.

ext drill out the z32 balance bar to accept a 6mmx1.0 (something like 17/64ths drill bit)

5854330569_e03839b21b_b.jpg

Next get a 60mm long 6x1.0 allen head bolt and install it in place of the oem rod. I couldnt find a fully threaded one, but if you have a choice it wouldnt hurt although you dont need fully threaded. (you may need to slighly grind down the head, depending on bolt manufacture). Not pictured is the oem 240z clevis that screws on this bolt too, but you can figure that out.

5854330307_46cfe7ebc1_b.jpg

5854329777_5867f9e120_b.jpg

next install the cables using 8mm fender and lock washers in mounting bracket that the original 240z cables where mounted. (note that the position of the flanges, if you dont mount them on this side of the brackets you will need a longer bolt). I mounted the left cable to the right side bracket and vise versa, seemed to have less stress on the cable that way because these z32 cables are so long.

5854332025_f3e4dd1e3d_b.jpg

5854882636_3aeb49be23_b.jpg

The last step (may not be required) is to cut a bushing and side it over the adjusting rod. Again this might not be necessary but i figured i would go ahead and do it to keep the adjustment nut somewhat centered. This is roughly 1 inch.

5854882902_59c7bea46e_b.jpg

Adjustments are easily made via the allen bolt and also the 10mm linkage bolt (make sure your parking brake pads are properly adjusted before messing with the linkages B) Beer Time, its 6:30 and still 98 degrees outside...****

Techno Toy Tuning, which are ground control sleeves and collars, eibock springs (225FR, 250Rear) and tokico 5way adjustable shocks.

thanks Joel.... btw how the hell do you work the multiquote feature??

Just start at the upper most post you want to include in the multi quote, and click on the "multi quote" tag. Keep going downward to the next post you want to add, and click the "multi quote" tag.

Then go to the last post and click on the "reply" tag, and it will auto add the multi quoted quotes in your reply post...

Make sense... ?? :)

Just start at the upper most post you want to include in the multi quote, and click on the "multi quote" tag. Keep going downward to the next post you want to add, and click the "multi quote" tag.

Then go to the last post and click on the "reply" tag, and it will auto add the multi quoted quotes in your reply post...

yea i have done that but it still just does this... (i tried quoting 4 this time) it only brings in the one i click reply on.... oh well.

yea i have done that but it still just does this... (i tried quoting 4 this time) it only brings in the one i click reply on.... oh well.

AHH... I se what I messed up. The last part I wrote >>

"Then go to the last post and click on the "reply" tag, and it will auto add the multi quoted quotes in your reply post..."

Is not correct. Go past the last post and click the add reply tag. It will add all the quoted material...

AHH... I se what I messed up. The last part I wrote >>

"Then go to the last post and click on the "reply" tag, and it will auto add the multi quoted quotes in your reply post..."

Is not correct. Go past the last post and click the add reply tag. It will add all the quoted material...

ahhhhh the add reply button, that doest it... no wonder this build has taken 6 months. lol

I threw her on the alignment rack last night, boy that was fun....not. Wish i would have got the T3 front LCA rather than the AZC ones, but when i bought them the T3 were not in production (bought them for my 280z)

I set it up via JohnC's recommendations in the FAQ for a street car.

5862568293_1dd4d2ec38_b.jpg

Does anyone know the length of the threads of the inner tie rods? this one looks a bit on the long side.

care to explain why?

I'm assuming its because they can't be adjusted on the car

yup. it wasn't a huge pain in the ass, but none the less... they are twice as expensive and twice the pain in the ass, but they do bling... sad when my undercarriage looks better than the body does. haha, just wait.....

still waiting on the mandrel bends to get here so i can start fabbing the exhaust. i have decided to use the muffler at an angle which will get rid of one 90 bend in the exhaust. i kinda like the look too. i also like it straight but i hate 90s in exhausts. we will see when its all said and done...

Like this, but up in the hole (made bigger)

5864561819_a5a33732ed_b.jpg

vs.

5865115616_41ccd50dd1_b.jpg

This eliminates two 90 degree bends into probably (1) 45 degree bend, if i don't like it later i can black it out and you really willnt see it much with my undercarriage.

• 4 weeks later...

5957636306_5c896c5938_b.jpg

i did the exhaust in stainless 409 16gauge. i will post pics when its totally done, but i have to get my driveline vibrations done before i can final weld one part. Right now i have a piece of flexpipe connecting the exhaust to the downpipe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm back from restriction (use capital letters). Going to pull out the dash and restore it and throw in some Speedhut gauges. Maybe one of these days i can take a paycheck from my business and get back in the swing of things.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, life needs to get outta my way. Dash is out, i refurbished it and put sem trim black paint on it... I tired about 5 times with their texture coat, but gave up and used duplicolor bedliner for the texture. The gauges are mounted, just need to do the wiring. I am also refurbishing the heater core assembly and upgrading to the civic fan motor. I have only been home 1 weekend since the end of June so I havent had much time to work on it. Pics later.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

ZT-R,

How do you like the T3 rear spindles? I have been looking at them for a while, but never saw them used with the Z32 rear parking brake. What problems have you had with them? Also, did you have to have the CV axles modified to fit? I know the T3 web site said that they were direct fit, but that isn't always the case.

Very nice build!!

Very happy with the quality and fitment. You have to run custom axles with the R230 rear end. Gabriel can hook you up with the correct lengths, they are big beefy moser axles or something. I need to adjust the parking brake now that i have been using it a lot as it will not lock the rear at a slow roll. If i remember correctly you will have to use the rear cailpers on the opposite sides (leff goes on the right) and you need to trim the brake backing plate some to accomplish this.