HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

Dear god man, that is a lot of AN fittings!!! Do you have any problems with smoking from the exhaust with the catch can vented to the exhaust? I know they do that in race cars to create vacuum under the piston down stroke and "hyper" seal the rings. But I thought it resulted in extra smoke coming from the exhaust and excess wear? Never tried it so I don't know. Did you test how much vac you are pulling with it running? Build looks great! Wish I had a TIG welder and a little more skill:(

• 3 weeks later...

It will smoke if your idling for an extended amount of time. It would be nice to put it on an RPM switch so its vented atmosphere below say 5000 then vents exhaust over 5000. I will probably do something like that.

Updates.

I got the speedhuts in and tweeked. Dash is done, it came out pretty good, but i still want a carbon fiber one.

Got her on the dyno but I loose the clutch disk after 300 tq so I am gonna find a twin disk I think. I would like to run a hydraulic throwout bearing if i can. Anyway here are some pics.

6226837737_062701902a_b.jpg

6227355816_75157b3cf2_b.jpg

6226836695_ce4af6592e_b.jpg

6226836099_5442167fd9_b.jpg

6227345142_5108750ccb_b.jpg

6226838203_d2e369926e_b.jpg

Dyno Video

9psi 3rd gear to 7800 (139mph)

Dyno

Hopefully that link will work for you guys, not sure.

Well, since I'm not getting any love here anymore....

I ordered a Carbonetic Twin Disk clutch from raw brokerage, should be here hopefully next weekend (no stock on the pull style). Maybe then i do some full throttles.

Dude, that dash came out sweet! It looks brand new to me. Im sure thats got to be one fun ride, what are your power goals? Let me know how the twin disk feels for like driving around town as I might get one in the future when I up my power.

Will do, they have a street plate and a race plate, I went for the street. Petal feel is suppposed to be less than or equal to stock. We will see. I'm not sure what I will end up doing with the turbos. maybe something like N1's or a small single. It will get sideways in 3rd just getting on the throttle clean. Need to get some good wheels and tires if i can ever pay off this clutch. Then we can go from there. There is no place to open it up where I live. 1 out of every 13 cars is a cop....

Will do, they have a street plate and a race plate, I went for the street. Petal feel is suppposed to be less than or equal to stock. We will see. I'm not sure what I will end up doing with the turbos. maybe something like N1's or a small single. It will get sideways in 3rd just getting on the throttle clean. Need to get some good wheels and tires if i can ever pay off this clutch. Then we can go from there. There is no place to open it up where I live. 1 out of every 13 cars is a cop....

Yeah, best not to get a ticket. That's a real drain on things especially when you are trying to complete a build. Maybe you can get it out to a track in your area sometime and really open the taps.

Well lost the Oil pump Friday. got it all torn down and the trans and all off. cant see any metal shavings or spun bearings. Time will tell. Tomei Pump on the way. (wtf there was my CCW classic wheels).

Hi,

wich size do the speedhut dials have? I would like to order them for my project.

My car has not arrived yet, but i would like to order them.

4" speed and tach, 2 -5/8 in the dash.

Well lost the Oil pump Friday. got it all torn down and the trans and all off. cant see any metal shavings or spun bearings. Time will tell. Tomei Pump on the way. (wtf there was my CCW classic wheels).

4" speed and tach, 2 -5/8 in the dash.

That's bad news I hope that the engine is all OK

What happened to the N1 oil pump you were using ?

I do, I will post pics of the conversion with part numbers and all. I have a wedding out of town this weekend so I don't know how much I will get done. Also will have to cut and weld on this 1800 dollar oil pump. It sickens me to even have to think about that.

Well Here is the Tomei oil pump I just got done welding on. Holy crap that was the most nervous I have been Its only 1800 bux if you screw it up. Also the clutch bolted up.

6269208816_dff67cc0f5_b.jpg

6269208578_2ded16fb93_b.jpg

6269209062_ae9abfe2cf_b.jpg

Next up Pull to Push conversion on the trans. Maybe a R35 would have been cheaper?