HybridZ

auto to manual swap/ rb25

Z31TURBODRAY

To save you a bit of time as this is kind of an off question;

1.it doesn't matter if your Z is auto or manual. You cut the ears that hold up the 280z tranny off completely. The McKinney mount mounts up the rb trans differently.

2.you can use the tank but don't even think about the fuel pump. A Bosch, summit, or walbro efi pump is a must. Search for more on that if needed.

Edited by jakeoster

But for the auto to manual swap I was talkin about the pedal setup and if theres a cable setup or hydraulic setup on the 280z? once again I think im more than capable of doing this swap its just ive never ran into havin to do a auto to manual swap lol and I just wanna get an idea of what ill be dealin with before I dive into this swap. Thanks again jake and expect alot more questions to come once I actually get the motor ready to put in lol

Go down to the junk yard and get what you need. You'll need a pedal, master cylinder, hardline, and I'd buy a flex line running from the slave to the hardline new. It might be a pita to get the hardline because they can tend to strip easy (my experience) but it's worth a shot.

Get acquainted with the junk yard as it'll save you some bucks on these off parts. You can buy a master cylinder refurb at most auto stores if needed. If all else fails I'm sure some members on here could get what you need sold to you.

Sorry if myself and the other guys come off as harsh, we tend to get more then a few people who just come in and ask a bunch of questions with no real intention of doing the swap.

Edited by jakeoster

• 6 years later...

Doing this same swap! Just got a 1975 280z and its automatic! I just got my engine and tranny out to prep for the rb20det swap and I also need to consider everything I need for a manual swap as well. Pedals and cables is something I'm on the lookout for as well! Please keep this updated, I would love any info I can get. Thanks!!