HybridZ

Extended Wheel Studs

the Subaru studs have a .565" knurl.

seems a bit snug compared to the .505" stock knurl.

They are the same thread pitch as stock though.

Still a bit pricey at $34 for 5 studs.

Edit: Now I know why I was confused. I am thinking 240sx.....let me tell you how I confused a 240sx with a Subaru. I used to live right down the road from Gruppe-S in Lake Forest, California. They catered to the 240sx and WRX crowd at that time. I own a 2006 WRX as well as my Z. I would go there periodically for the WRX.

I did buy the studs from them, however, for an S13 240sx. The S13 has a knurl diameter of 12.83. This confirms the OP's post. I am using these studs in my front hubs.

Edited by ktm

• 3 years later...

If you don't mind a change in the thread pitch and obviously buying new lug nuts... Stock thread is M12x1.25. ARP has M12x1.5 with .509 knurl and 2.5" long

The ARP 100-7708 Studs for a late model Camaro are what I have on the rear of my car and they work just fine. http://www.jegs.com/i/ARP/070/100-7708/10002/-1?CT=999

I'm about to install ARPs at least 2.5 in long, but obviously got the wrong knurl size, part 7716 fitting Subarus with .565 mm per some of the suggestions in these forums.

ARP sells a 3 in. stud for a Subaru WRX that is the proper threads and they are way cheaper than the NISMO studs. I think they also have a shorter stud and one longer than the 3 in. ones I used.

I'm running S30 280Z hubs front and stock rear stub axles I believe (Wilwood disc upgrade). The Subaru studs are definitely wider at the knurled end, does NOT fit. Will get a micrometer to confirm the old stud size.

Measured oem 280Z stud knurled diam at .507". Does this mean the above GM 7708 (2.5" long) or 7713 (3.25" long) will fit?

Whlstud280Zoem.jpg

Edited by aongch