HybridZ

To the "marketing" director" for XXR... Could you please tell your folks to post worthwhile technical data on your wheels? I'd love to know the weights and the construction specifications of these wheels.

I'm running a coil over, significant fender modifications, and can handle 4.5 inches of backspacing... Would be nice to know if these wheels can withstand some abuse on VIR, Watkins Glen, Summit Point, or other road courses...

To you other guys who think they don't look good on the car, it's why we have "choices". If everyone's car had panasports, where would the creativety be in that? Same color? Same body treatments? To each his own, indeed... I'm just looking for a decent track safe wheel that will elimenate the need for spacers on the rear of my V8 track *****. These might fit the bill, and since I'm already running 18s to clear my larger brakes, I'm good with this fitment... especially if I'm shoeing on some R6 Hoosiers in 275-35-18 on the back and a 245-35-18 up front.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New-to-240z,

In the rear, I have 245/45/17. In the front, I have 215/45/17. On the stock fenders, the rear tires stuck out a good 1.5 to 2 inches. Fronts fit flush. Flares are just your average size from MSA.

Note: A minimum of 1.25" spacers are required for the rear wheels to fit.

What is the offset in the rear that you are running? as well as the front?

Thanks for the complements.

Dailydrifter,

I have been thinking of doing the same thing actually, but it might be a while since money doesn't come easy when you're 17. <_< hahaha

Zhunter, no I meant since you already have the rear two wheels. I was thinking, remove the rear driver side, remove your front pasenger side, put rear tire on front, and level car on the other side with your jack.

Just to see how 17x9.x fit on the front if you're rocking overfenders and these wheels. I'd wait until the day you drop it. I'm guessing it'll look like my fitment but with overfenders, and maybe more tuck.

dailydrifter

I'm looking at getting the same wheels you purchased but really need to run a wider tire. could you take a picture from under the car of the clearance between the tire and the strut tower in the rear. if you have coilovers, could you raise the car a bit to run wider tires and prevent the rubbing of the fender?

thanks

jesse

Let me see if I can get under it, but with my size tire I HAD to roll the fender, and I'm slightly stretched.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the 527's look GREAT on these cars! It's nice to see how a wheel that breaks the trend of more "traditional" style wheels, usually reserved for these cars, look so good! I might have to pick up a set for my car now. At least for the meantime, while waiting until I can go flared out on te37v's! :-) (if it never becomes a reality, at least I have a dream!)

@MikeBZ - It looks like you have clearance with regards to the struts, how's the fender/air dam clearance?

- Chunky

XXR-527

15 x 8.25 with zero offset

Falken Ziex 205/50-15

Bone stock suspension with one coil cut front and rear.

Matte Bronze finish

3rd pic is rear suspension, 4th is front,

Holy crap! Your 15's just killed it. I was wondering how well 15's would look since I'm more into smaller wheels for the s30. I am now buying a set of those! Very BE-A-U-TI-FUL.

I have a set on order for my V8Z track car... Hope they arrive before we leave for the Watkins Glen Historic GP, where Datsun is the Marque of Honor this year... Would be nice to see those chrome black wheels on the car going around the streets of WG and on WGI! Probably would get a lot of attention, over the TSWs I've got on the car now... :D Just sayin'... ;)

Mike

I have a set on order for my V8Z track car... Hope they arrive before we leave for the Watkins Glen Historic GP, where Datsun is the Marque of Honor this year... Would be nice to see those chrome black wheels on the car going around the streets of WG and on WGI! Probably would get a lot of attention, over the TSWs I've got on the car now... :D Just sayin'... ;)

Mike

Are you running flares Mike? Since you're a V8 what size tire are you gonna run with these?