HybridZ

Camaro is gone ! 260z is here !

Daz

Its been quite a while since I updated so here goes !

Rear disc brake bracket and axles adapters(all temp mounted), control arms have poly bushings

rvdvz.jpg

16 gal fuel cell(plastic) encased in a metal box. I need to redo the mounts though, I not happy with it !

by1u9.jpg

VSLD swap into my R200 longnose in progress. I'm making hybrid axles for this by mounting the 5 bolt end of the original vlsd axles to my Z31t axles. I'm following this:http://www.xenonz31.com/vlsdInstall.html

ceipd.jpg

No more Konig Rewinds, they have been replaced with these, XXR 531(16x8, 0 offset).]

5rdvj.jpg

Aeromotive A1000 fp mounted, it supports 1300hp NA and 1000hp FI. This my attempted at making my own mounting brackets, I know not pretty !

6utsc.jpg

This is my monster ! LS 4.8(truck eng), stock bottom end with ARP rod/main caps/head studs, FAST 65lb injector, LS1(Fbody)oil pan, 76mm Turbo.

2irfg.jpg

I still have stuff to buy like : 90/92mm DBC TB, 44mm wastegate, intercooler and piping, t56 tranny and mount, -6AN return hose, a couple of sensors, etc !

Basically I hoping by the end of the year it'll all come together but I sure it'll bleed into the next year or so !

Edited by Daz

• 1 month later...

Its been quite a while since I updated so here goes !

Rear disc brake bracket and axles adapters(all temp mounted), control arms have poly bushings

rvdvz.jpg

16 gal fuel cell(plastic) encased in a metal box. I need to redo the mounts though, I not happy with it !

by1u9.jpg

VSLD swap into my R200 longnose in progress. I'm making hybrid axles for this by mounting the 5 bolt end of the original vlsd axles to my Z31t axles. I'm following this:http://www.xenonz31.com/vlsdInstall.html

ceipd.jpg

No more Konig Rewinds, they have been replaced with these, XXR 531(16x8, 0 offset).]

5rdvj.jpg

Aeromotive A1000 fp mounted, it supports 1300hp NA and 1000hp FI. This my attempted at making my own mounting brackets, I know not pretty !

6utsc.jpg

This is my monster ! LS 4.8(truck eng), stock bottom end with ARP rod/main caps/head studs, FAST 65lb injector, LS1(Fbody)oil pan, 76mm Turbo.

2irfg.jpg

I still have stuff to buy like : 90/92mm DBC TB, 44mm wastegate, intercooler and piping, t56 tranny and mount, -6AN return hose, a couple of sensors, etc !

Basically I hoping by the end of the year it'll all come together but I sure it'll bleed into the next year or so !

What are the dimensions of that fuel cell if you dont mind me asking? would i still be able to close the back wooden section o fthe truck if i got one?

I don't remember right off the dimensions but you can look it up on summittracing.com, its the same one ! I'm not quite sure what you are asking for in your 2nd question, what truck ? what wooden section ?

The "trap door" that covers the spare tire. would i have to remove it or could i keep it where it is?

• Like 1

that turbo kit looks familiar - slammed78's.

What trans are you going with?

Also, are the internals of the z31T shafts and the 5 bolt cv joints the same?

Interested to hear how you like the vlsd. I'm definitely not in love with my welded diff, but its tough, and its $1000 for a clsd... so i can deal with it.

Edited by SUNNY Z

I got the hotside from Datsun350z on LS1tech, I tried looking for slammed78 on but found nothing. My plans for a tranny is a T56. On the axles the the cages look slightly different but will work with no problems. The issue I'm having right now includes finding a machine shop to cut a new snap ring groove on the leftside 5 bolt stub axle. When the carrier is swapped into a longnose r200, the spacing is slightly to the left, so the plug in stubb axle is actually to long. So it has to be shortened and another groove has to be cut so it'll stay in.

I wish I could find '88 SS axles somewhat cheap, they would be a straight plug in !

I'm still working on getting the VLSD in with good axles but its kinda on hold temporarily due to my daughters sweet 16 this weekend. So here's what I've done in the mean time.

zhs9b.jpg

88zj7.jpg

Now with a used 245/50/16 !

y4z6e.jpg

rn4cb.jpg

dor94.jpg

p821o.jpg

The rims started off as Hyper Silver. My buddy at work owed me some either paint work or welding work cause I gave him pretty much my old drivetrain. So gold is what he came up with and I love it ! Now I gotta come up with a nice color for the body. I was thinking some kinda of emerald or forest green, or maybe a cream white with pearl !

• 1 year later...