HybridZ

cheap fuel pump for 87' n/a 5mt

82boxima

so the other day, my fuel gauge decided to quit working at 222,245 miles.... i assumed I had enough fuel to make a 3 mile drive to my house.... and it didn't make it. I was going about 55 mph in 5th gear and it just died. no gauge movement, no low fuel light, nothing, no warning lights at all. I ran it out of fuel, and now the pump is bad. every OTHER time I turn the key i can here the pump doing SOMETHING, but no fuel at all is being pumped. I checked all the fuses, lines, fresh fuel filter, coil, battery, starter, alternator, plugs, air etc... everything is good but fuel delivery..... I pulled the main fuel line from the bottom of the filter in the engine bay and turned it down into a large styrofoam cup, turned the key, and nothing comes out. I don't have $200 plus dollars to spend on a new one either. what other nissan vehicle came with the same fuel pump? vg30e maximas? vg30e 200sx? hardbody? pathy? I need to know these things that way i can pull one out of the junkyard or something! anyone have a good one they'll send me for cheap? any suggestions here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Airtex-E8375-Electric-Fuel-Pump-/130476457508#ht_1537wt_1021

This is the pump you should need, along with a list of compatible vehicles. Using this list should help you in the junkyard. Tried to copy directly to my post, but the list is in an excell style frame, and comes out all jumbled on here :rolleyes: ...

Edited by LanceVance

• 2 weeks later...