HybridZ

New low rise kick panel speaker pods in development

Derek

Ran into a little clearance problem with my panels and people with dealer add on A/C. The evaporator hangs down into the foot well and there was no way the panels were going to fit.

Unfortunately my suggestion to replace their A/C with a Vintage Air unit like mine wasn't well received. The only way I could make them fit was to mount the speakers flat and hang the magnet in the door hinge bolt pocket. Acoustically not the best choice but workable nun the less. I believe I've heard back from everyone that bought panels that has dealer air but if you didn't get an email from me then shoot me a PM. Also If you bought a set of panels and haven't installed them and you'd rather have these PM me and we may be able to work something out. I'm testing these on a car at the beginning of the week and I believe they're going to fit fine.

I'll be stocking these as a regular item.

Thanks

Derek

c412580b.jpg

9e563918.jpg

Edited by Derek

Any chance at a profile comparison photo to show the difference between the two? What would you suggest as a maximum speaker depth with the low profile version?

Still only for 240s right? Anybody install some in a 280 care to chime in about what it takes to adapt them?

Awesome looking as always Derek, thanks for making this stuff available to all of us!

Got done with the test fit. No problems. The speakers fit fine and there is plenty of room between the evaporator and the speaker. You can fit the panel in with the speaker installed.

Here' some pictures.

e39bed91.jpg

c37e6df3.jpg

9de20a0d.jpg

Here is the spec sheet on the infinity speakers. There isn't a ton of room for the magnet so I would try and stick with something close.

speakerdims.jpg

I have a few orders to fulfill and then I'll have them available.

Please post here if you think you want a set.

240Zip is already on the list

Thanks

Derek

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...