HybridZ

VK50 into 240z

Clemo

Hi Guy's

I've been searching the forums for details on the nissan VK50 as a possible transplant into a 240z, however most of the discussion is in regards to the VK56.

just to explain my choice with the VK50, Australian laws will only allow a 5 litre or just over, into a 240z without having to perform some major structural work for strenghtening, if I were to go with a larger capacity engine.

so to avoid a heap of work and to forfill my desire to a have a nissan V8 in my zed, rather than end up with a cross breed, the VK50 seems like a good thing with its performance figures, as these are also close to what I would like.

so therefore, has anyone embarked on this journey or considered it?

are they a similair fit to the VK56 motor? as in photos already posted on the site.

is there adaptor plates for this engine to suit RWD application?

what sort of money are these motors comanding at the moment, because I havnt seen them here and they are not all that old?

any info appreciated. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

when done we will make for all the Z chassis,,,,,350z done now

Alright! I'm not in a rush since I'm building my car in stages. I'll be saving for this so I can try to be one of the first with a VK56 in an older Z.

Does the proposed kit offer any headers to utilize in converting 300ZX to use VK45 Engine?

or, are there plans to develop such a kit for Z31 cars?

Pdfflyer

WE are gathering all the parts now will have a kit by summer for the VK56 and then the VK45; have trans adapter, clutch done...

VK50VE is a damn nice engine. I contemplated one before I picked up a VK56 cheap. I have made basically zero progress on my conversion, aside from sorting out the belts (woot :S). Good luck Clemo,

Dave

You've made more progress than I have. I don't even have the engine yet.