HybridZ

new s30 owner here

just picked up this rust free 1975 280z and am lovin it!

here are some pics i took of it while in ATL.

DSCN0900.jpg

DSCN0899.jpg

DSCN0898.jpg

DSCN0897.jpg

DSCN0896.jpg

DSCN0901.jpg

i bought it for $3500, here is a list of pros vs. cons...

PROS:

no rust!

drives great

already has front air dam and rear spoiler

15x8 +0 offset konig rewind wheels in great condition

lowering springs

momo steering wheel

5 speed trans, shifts great

polished non egr intake mani

polished throttle linkage

polished valve cover

header and exhaust

k&n intake

JSK fuel rail

isky cam

rebuilt L28e

doesnt leak or smoke

oh and NO RUST!

CONS:

needs slight body work and paint

tail lights busted out

head light switch doesnt work

blinker switch doesnt work

diff bushings are shot

slight tears in driver seat

cracked dash, no ****

drum brakes

thats about it. i think i got a hell of a deal for $3500, what do you guys think?

Looks like a pretty decent deal. You really need to get it put up on a rack though to see if there's any rust underneath or how your seals are. not to mention the bushings. If the rubber is trashed then it's a lot of work to replace it all, though the car will ride super nice once it's all done. Don't worry about the tail lights, ppl have them on here or Ebay pretty cheap these days. Or you can go to Klearz.com and get the clear/smoked lenses. It's your can, and you can put as little or as much as you want into it. Oh you should also check out classic/modified car insurance, it's much better, and cheaper than regular insurance.

Is the paint original? 78, black pearls are noteworthy...

its an original black car but i dont know if its a black pearl. your right, i would like to get it in the air soon so i can inspect more thoroughly, but i have jacked the car up and i cant find any rust. ive already ordered a full energy bushing kit, hopefully it wont kick my ass too bad lol

its an original black car but i dont know if its a black pearl. your right, i would like to get it in the air soon so i can inspect more thoroughly, but i have jacked the car up and i cant find any rust. ive already ordered a full energy bushing kit, hopefully it wont kick my ass too bad lol

Replacing the rear H arm bushings sucks. :cry:

I don't think that black is the original color. The Black Pearl was a '78 option, and was the " first black Z Car Produced. It was actually a test market device to determin if the color black should be added to the Z Car model line colors. It was so successful that in 1979 with the introduction of the 280ZX Datsun featured their all Black 280ZX's in their 'Black Gold' ad.'s."

http://zhome.com/History/BlackP.htm

Good score though!

Edited by jas280z