HybridZ

Anyone know a thing about plants/gardening?

josh817

Alright I have a strange question... I'm starting some plants from seeds and bought one already started grape plant. This plant has these little translucent sphere/egg things on it. It's on the stem and at the joints. I had the same thing last year with my Okra plants when they formed big leaves, these showed up on the underside of them and again on the stem and at the joints.

These aren't elongated though, like eggs, and I haven't spotted any bugs. Any idea what they could be? If it's something bad I don't want it spreading to my seedlings...

Sorry about the crappy pictures.

bf5f8z.jpg

2zf8uau.jpg

2db75vc.jpg

So eggs of aphids eh...? I know they aren't aphids, like the crawling around type, since they aren't moving. Seems like a big egg to be aphids though. I'll take some more pictures with something to scale it to. I'd have to say it's probably about the size of a pen ball if you were to take it out.

Anyway, I've been spraying the plant with some soapy water since it is inside the apartment right now. I read you are really only suppose to spray once a week and I got kind of wild and did it like twice or three times last week. The plants leaves now show like brown spots that don't wipe off so either I did it with the spray or these egg things did.

It's just been kind of weird to deal with this plant so far. I'll get pictures to scale tonight. Even if it is aphids, they're taking a vacation at my moms house so I just have to hope they don't spread to my seedlings by tomorrow and I'll be safe.

Growing habanero and pimento peppers, tomatoes, sweet basil, lime basil, and lemon basil for inside. Can't wait to make some homemade hot sauce! I'm sure you guys have some recipes!

Edit here is a better picture:

2poz8zl.jpg

Edited by josh817

for a cheap insecticide, bum enough tobacco to make 3 rollies off a guy that rolls his own smokes, a single chew of chewing bacca, or two tailormades off a guy that smokes boxed stuff. The best is the roll-your-own loose tabacco, it has the least additives, menthol tailormades are the worst.

break up the tobacco into a cup and pour 200mls of boiling water over it, leave overnight and come morning, strain the tobacco tea into a sprayer and mist your plants. The Nicotine will kill most pests.