HybridZ
studioti

N42 Head fully rebuilt w/ light port polishing.

I would like to see if there even is an interest for this. I will post pics asap

The head is an N42 head that has been fully rebuilt w/ light port polishing job: $550 free shipping

1. Completely disassembled, inspected and pressure tested

2. Re-surfaced all 3 sides, intake gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket sides

3. 3 Angle valve job

4. Reconditioned all rocker arms

5. Cleaned and installed OEM stock springs, retainers and lash pads

6. Received full set of new valve seals

7. Stock polished camshaft

8. All threads cleaned and repared

9. Valve adjusted

When i had this rebuilt, i paid extra to have an entry level port polishing done:

1. Int/Exh ports smoothed out, but NOT ported larger

2. Light polishing in the bowl area, guide bosses not reshaped

3. Light polishing just under the valve seat area

This head has never been run. I purchased this head in a package deal when i bought a complete long block from a Datsun Parts distributor. I've now decided to go the P90 route, so I guess I messed up and should have ordered the P90 from beginning. oh well.

I've got nothing to hide about this n42 head. Feel free to ask any questions. Once again, this head is fresh.

Thanks

Considering Datsunpartsllc.com (this is not an advert)offers pretty much the same package for 100 less, I think your price is a bit high.

Wow Superjump01, thanks for the post. You must be Supersmart and have Superbrains. Superstupidme must have done the math wrong and was trying to rip people off.

Hmmm, lets see.

Datsun parts is selling his for: $429.99

Then you add his shipping: $49.99

At which point would cost you $ 479.98...and you would be Super-right-on about my $550 being high.

But wait...did Supersomebody fail to read that my listing was for a new N42 head WITH PORT AND POLISHING. Which DatsunParts.LLC charges $200 for.

So the Super grand total would be $679.98 to your door.

So Superstupidme was trying to sell a brand new head shipped for $550. A gross mistake on my part and definitely way too high.

Oh and to be Supersure I have my facts straight...let me enlighten you on something. I know all these prices because I ACTUALLY BOUGHT MY HEAD FROM DATSUN PARTS LLC AND PAID FOR THE HEAD WORK. I was selling the N42 because I decided to go with a shaved P90 for high compression instead of the N42.

BTW (this is definitely a plug) Al at Datsun Parts LLC is a stand up dude and built me a great engine. He gladly exchanged the port/polished N42 he built me when I decided to go a different route. I am in the process of taking photos and documenting my first 3000k miles on my F54 flattop/shaved, ported, polished P90 10:1 compression motor. I tell you the engine is smooth as new and pulls hard. I will post an honest review thread once I get all the content organized and have enough mileage in the engine to do so.

Ok, back to being Super.

Please do me a Superfavor and read posts thoroughly before calling someone out. Because mistakes happen and people start looking like Superidiots.

Thanks

• Like 1

To everybody else on the forum that had to read this, I apologize. I try to ignore most negativity and ignorance in this forum, but when I get called out in a way that makes me seem greedy or a rip off...it gets under my skin.