HybridZ

79 ZXR 406 v8 build

frank280zx

I have some Holy Milk flowing man, it's Brazilian style, let me convert you while I flock your dashboard!

Come to SoCal for milk and honey, huh...

I got your Holy Brazilian Milk riiiight here!

But beware, Ze Germans might take it!

I have some Holy Milk flowing man, it's Brazilian style, let me convert you while I flock your dashboard!

Come to SoCal for milk and honey, huh...

I got your Holy Brazilian Milk riiiight here!

But beware, Ze Germans might take it!

Tony lay of the rubbing alcohol  :P

• 2 weeks later...

I debating new wheels.

I got a good offer on my current wheels and my Borbets.. I can literely do this with my wallet closed.

How about these:

8408194279_a7444a9187_o.jpg

315.jpg

In the sizes:

18x8.5 5x114.3 ET25 Gold

18x10 5x114.3 ET25 Gold

Edited by frank280zx

There XXR 521 in 18 x10 still debating  as the rims on there now can be widened (Split rims)

Here are Some pics of last saturday. It is sitting fairly high but i turned up the coil overs for easy car lift acces for now. When the car is finished ill drop it 2"

Im getting the vibe back since the BMW GTR is on track and needs less attention. The white BMW e30 is my buddy's track toy BTW

post-373-0-76458800-1369749234_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-45229900-1369749141_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-82977400-1369749177_thumb.jpg

post-373-0-71254300-1369749201_thumb.jpg

Edited by frank280zx

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

So I finally got time away from my  BMW e36 GTR race car (s62b50 m5 dry sumped v8 ) as we are waiting for  the v8 to return from the engine shop.

So finally I decided to pull the 406 and mount the T56! also I want to remake the wiring harness to the front headlights to delete all the stock FI stuff and fusible links. I have gotten more experienced in this the last year due to constant changes in the custom wiring loom of my race cars. So it is time to do this right!

This is all to old school and there is allot of stuff unused or routed in a way not pleasant for the SBC as it has ‘hot sides’ on both side of the engine.

One thing I really like about this set up is the ease of removing an sbc! It took me only 2 hours and that was taking it fairly easy!

Also I want to revise the fuel delivery away from the headers and put the lines through the compartment using special braided lines like I do in my race car .

Needless to say i need to reroute the oil lines using some Goodridge AN lines that have to be insulated. As one engine bay fire is enough for my taste :)

So there will be slow progress. Goal is to actually finish and drive it for once and make it NICE not a half hack job.

Financially  I have grown away from the freshly out of university days when I first bought the car and skilwhise aswel so I guess it is time to give it what the car deserves.

One thing i am debating is using a nascar cowl induction air box I have a perfect carbon fibre one. This is pure looks I admit! This would mean stepping over to a crank trigger ignition. Anybody know a bolt on set up for this?

Edited by frank280zx

Thats why it is in there and well im a sucker for the rumble .......  Anybody have any experiance with set up that they like?   I see the mallory units on ebay and read on forums they are fairly hassle free.

Edited by frank280zx

• 4 weeks later...

Me and my big mouth :)  The VG30DET setup was custom made except for the chopper wheel which was a US made item, for a L6 I think. Magnetic not Hall effect crank sensor used together with the stock Nissan camshaft sensor. Which info is probably not much of a help for your setup but I guess that you have already picked up something off shelf.