HybridZ

20an upper radiator hose

ZT-R

ok, so i am trying to fit this god forsaken hose onto this this but it is fighting me in every attempt i make. 20 an hose...

i have a 45 and a straight which i can cut and reweld this bung on which might allow me to pick up another 1/4 of hose length here, but i dont think that will help much. This project has been kicking and screaming the entire route and its pissing me off. i cant even get a radiator hose to work. *sigh* just venting.

5493094270_84117fb7e0_b.jpg

5493094268_96d08be7fd_b.jpg

5493094264_826a5de103_b.jpg

My .02

With the engine vibration, and the radiator being secured to the rad support don't you think that might be a *tad* ridged? Seems like either your fittings or the bung on the radiator might have problems with fatigue with your setup... -AN fittings look great, but sometimes old fashioned rubber hose is better. :huh:

You could always use a regular hose with -AN style clamps and a braided sleeve, no flex issues that way. :rolleyes:

My .02

With the engine vibration, and the radiator being secured to the rad support don't you think that might be a *tad* ridged? Seems like either your fittings or the bung on the radiator might have problems with fatigue with your setup... -AN fittings look great, but sometimes old fashioned rubber hose is better. :huh:

You could always use a regular hose with -AN style clamps and a braided sleeve, no flex issues that way. :rolleyes:

oh i know i dont want to run what is pictured... haha i hate to cut out these 20 an bungs and 250 dollars worth of fittings :) phuk

i ordered my radiator way back and went with 20 an... i was thinking they would use female threads but i should have specified i wanted female. then i could get miezere adapters if i needed too...

like this

mez-wn0031r_w.jpg

hmm interesting. thats 16an on yours though isnt it?

herre is how cramped my bay is, i still have alot more to stuff in..

5493253640_41386069e2_b.jpg

5493259616_eacc68e402_b.jpg

note that 12 an fitting under the upper 20 radiator hose... cant get in the way of that

is that kevlar braided a ptfe lined hose?

Something like that, and yes, I used -16 an on the rad. I looked thru my an hose bin and only have two -20 hoses. If the ends were swivle ends, they would work for you, but they are not.

To bad you didn't need a -16. As you can see... I have a stock pile of everything but -20.... :)

post-181-019901500 1299119264_thumb.jpg

post-181-063875700 1299119272_thumb.jpg

well i changed gears and started tinkering on the gt mod tank, got that all plumbed up and went to throw away a few trimings and low and behold there was a 90 degree rubber radiator hose that one of the other guys had to trim off. i nabbed it and although this paticualr one willnt work because the one leg needs to be about an inch longer but i can find another one, i think i can just put a regular radiator hose over these male bungs, the hell with it. i know i can put these earls fittings in the mill and mill them down and use a crimp colar which will allow for another 2 inches or so of hose, but still thats only like 3-3.5 inches of hose... ehhhhhh i think not.

what do you guys think about just putting a regular radiator hose 90 and 2 hose clamps over the bungs. i think it will be fine. maybe put a bead of silicone on the threads and slip on the hose if anything. maybe i can make a beer bong out of these fittings ahahah B)