HybridZ

Affordable Mobile Windshield Replacement/Installation in San Diego

Project Z

Does anyone know of an affordable Mobile Glass Replacement/Installation in San Diego who are able to work on S30's? Apparently Safelite is unable to work on our cars. My car is currently in the paint shop and I am trying to search for an able mobile glass company to remove my glass and install it after paint. Your help is much appreciated.

new cars use glue to hold the windshilds in.old cars (z's) used a rubber gasket that had grooves molded into it to hold the window into the body.if the gaskit is old/hard you wont get it out-you cut it out with a razor knife and throw it away.cut the chrome trim out first-then cut the window out.then throw the old gaskit away.to reinstall put the gaskit on the glass the put a piece of 1/4" nylon rope in the body groove on the windshile rubber.put soapy water on the rubber and set the glass into the car -trying to get the body seam started in the groove in the rubber.have a helper push in on the glass from the front while you pull the rope out of the rubber -seating the rubber back into the car.flat glass like jeep winshields are easier.