HybridZ

Sirpents 260Z / C32 AMG Powered RS30 - Australia

I used a FG 350Z front bar replacement, then disected the bottom, sectioned it into 2 and extended the 260Z headlamp buckets and built up the center upper valance then FG'd the entire assy together and began shaping it with Bondo.

I have about 100 pics of the process, long way to go but once its all done and I build up the new headlamp shape for the Porsche headlamps, then I will hand it over to have a mold made to reproduce it in caron Fibre.

So while Im waiting for ARC to reopen so I can collect the motor and box, I decided to start looking and thinking about the fuel system and associated surge tank.

I tossed and turned all last night thinking about a surge tank solution, then an epiphany around 1:00am

I have space for a surge tank in the middle of the donut tank for crying out loud !

So I sat down tonight and drew up this quick cut away of the circuit, now if I'm still way off track, for crying out loud someone slap me, otherwise any learnered comments will also be appreciated.

Cheers

John

post-15669-0-90807200-1357555838_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-81665700-1357555905_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-64189200-1357555907_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all the responses and posative remarks guys.

I do, wonder what they'll look like mounted in the s30 bucket...

The "Z" buckets are tight, and the headlamps will need to sit further foward to diminish the scoop effect of the actual buckets, I sat them in place but the rear housing of the new lamps dont allow them to slip into the buckets tube structure, I will have to form entirely new buckets around the dimensions of the lamps, nevertheless, the roughed out trial placement probably gives some idea of how they will look.

The spoiler will need some major rework and the lamps will need to sit lower into them as opposed to where the tube is dictating now. 

I love em!!

I slept with them the first night and the wife slept on the couch lmao.

I do also. I love all the other bits and pieces Porsche makes that go around those 997 lights as well.

Got to love Porsche / german engineering :-)

Surge setup looks good to me. I assume the picture isn't representing the locations of the tubes in the surge tank, only the routing.

Headlights will be interesting. Have any mock up pics or drawings?

Correct, just a representation, proof of concept I guess you can call it for now.

I am interested to see how you incorperate the headlights too. The look very cool.

Even if I find they are unworkable, I figure they are a safe investment and I should earn on them lol

In the meanwhile, after months of sitting cross town at ARC, I finally reunited the car with its heart after picking up the engine in a 60 mile dash across town and back.

And the last pic is what Im leaning toward now as far as a color scheme complete with decals but with RS-32 instead.

have to pull my finger out now, luckily the summers almost at an end here and the heat waves are subsidding, bring on fall and winter.

Cheers

John

post-15669-0-76583500-1361876562_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-70563500-1361876587_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-10840800-1361876628_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Yes I know guys,

There has been a sh*t load happening with work, no excuse, but also had a major scare over the motor and box recently

I get to work early one morning and get a text msg on the cell phone, "John ring me urgently about your motor and box !"

Thinking the worst that someone had broken into John's shop and taken off with the lot I made the call, John answers and says that I better pick it up post haste, asking why he explains that the receivers are coming in as he has gone bust after a major deal in the States to supply kits for the current model Vette's he had spent a few $100 G's tooling up fell through.

It was a mad rush to get it out of there but as you see by the photo, mother and child have been re-united and are safe and sound.

So yes, soon I start on the chassis and motor, scouts !

John

post-15669-0-22870900-1367233460_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New bling

Courtesy of Yahoo Japan, the 997 GT3 head lamps are now on EBAY, hopefully I can flip them for a few pennies more.

And finally, chassis being built 15th and 16th of Feb, as you will see all materials delivered and waiting.

Cheers

John

post-15669-0-20308800-1390820792_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-58230900-1390820793_thumb.jpg

post-15669-0-80239200-1390820796_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sirpent

Hi Colin

Read back a few pages in this thread, Im building a chassis for the car due to the powertrain I have prepared and am installing.

Most of the heavier pieces are for a rotisserie I will be knocking up like the one shown below.

Cheers

John

post-15669-0-03692500-1390827314_thumb.jpg