HybridZ

Product review section suggestion

z2go

Hey admin. I have an idea.

How possible would it be to create a new section for product reviews? For example, have it set up similar to this:

http://www.fordf150.net/reviews/g2-air-intake-products.html

I know it's different software, but maybe there's a way with this program that it could work, similar to the poll feature?

This way, members could search that forum for specific products, see what people think of those products, with areas for review such as quality, ease of installation, fit/finish, customer support level (if from a manufacturer), and price, along with a statement about the product from those who have used it.

Or, it could just be free flow, like we have now, and people can just start regular topics regarding a product, and others can post their input like normal.

Of course, I wasn't thinking of making it into an advertising campaign for those selling their product, but rather one where people could review commonly used products (such as spark plugs, tires, etc.).

I, for one, think this site has TOO MANY forums. Half the time, people don't seem to put more than a half-second of thought into which forum they post in...

"Hmmm... I can't get my headlights to work. Which forum should I post in? Look, a Wheels and Brakes forum. My car has wheels and brakes. I guess I should post there."

The Model Specific forum is the worst one. It's turning into a catch-all for every topic... brakes, suspension, fuel injection, you name it, it's probably in there. And, it's top of the list so it's the first thing people see.

I love this site, but it's getting really frustrating trying to find anything. I spent an hour pouring though posts in the transmission forum, looking for specific details about a transmission modification that I know I had seen before. Turned out the post was the the L6 engine forum!

As we add more and more forums, people spend less and less time thinking about which one to post in.

Nigel

'73 240ZT

• 4 months later...

+1 for Nigel

As far a product reviews I think we have it down pretty good. The vendors that do sell Z specific parts are usually members and care a great deal about their products. Also if I am looking for a review on "commonly" used products I stick with seller sites or Amazon ect. Great idea I just think we have it covered.