HybridZ

LSx s30 Longtube group buy thread

Damn, my motor currently makes 700rwhp and will be making more soon. An extra $350 is painful. Any package price for getting all the options? hahaha

I'll decide which set I want when we get to the order phase. I may just sit with 1 3/4 and deal with the small power loss

Mistafosta:

What kind of setup makes 700 rwhp?

working around 2 schedules-the shop and sunnyz [josey]. the shop now has made space [after i notified them we had reached our minimum for the group buy] and josey located a trailer & tow vehicle. the z is loaded on the trailer and will depart early [zero dark thirty] monday morning with the intention to arrive at the shop around noon.

josey expects to spend time with the shop owner/builder on monday voicing our desires and challenges of long tubes for the s30z.

shop anticipates that if all goes as planned they hope to have the prototypes ready in about 3 weeks and has committed to provide us [myself & josey] feedback and pics along the way.

as we receive the info it will be posted here in the thread!

working around 2 schedules-the shop and sunnyz [josey]. the shop now has made space [after i notified them we had reached our minimum for the group buy] and josey located a trailer & tow vehicle. the z is loaded on the trailer and will depart early [zero dark thirty] monday morning with the intention to arrive at the shop around noon.

josey expects to spend time with the shop owner/builder on monday voicing our desires and challenges of long tubes for the s30z.

shop anticipates that if all goes as planned they hope to have the prototypes ready in about 3 weeks and has committed to provide us [myself & josey] feedback and pics along the way.

as we receive the info it will be posted here in the thread!

Just try to make sure they leave enough room for 1 7/8" primaries since a few of us plan on getting those style.

Obviously these can't be one size fits all but if possible please keep those rare people (me) that are using C5 motor mounts in mind. It would really be a bummer if the design to accomodate the JCI motor mounts ends up interfering with my C5 mounts by 1mm. David, I'll snap some images of the LSx with C5 mounts attached to use as a guide. I understand if this makes the design overly difficult I am SOL.

Obviously these can't be one size fits all but if possible please keep those rare people (me) that are using C5 motor mounts in mind. It would really be a bummer if the design to accomodate the JCI motor mounts ends up interfering with my C5 mounts by 1mm. David, I'll snap some images of the LSx with C5 mounts attached to use as a guide. I understand if this makes the design overly difficult I am SOL.

I don't see there being a clearance issue from the C5 mounts I'm looking at. I'll get it across to the builder the above mentioned items, and pick his brain about anything else i can think of while i'm there.

I'd also like to take this time to thank Slow78Z (Kris) as he's the one who offered up his truck, trailer, and entire day to deliver my car. B)

As 1tuffz stated, our ETA is Monday, April 25, around noon.

I'll keep everyone updated as more develops

Edited by SUNNY Z