HybridZ

Any Megasquirt experts in the Portland OR/Vanc WA area?

Hardwyre

Hey forum,

I live in Vancouver WA. I'm hoping to find someone who has done the Megasquirt set up and tune before who might be able to come help out.

I have her running fairly right now, still a bit rough on the cold idle, but I seem to be getting somewhere slowly. There's just a lot of little things that I think I'm tripping over which is making this more difficult than it really has to be.

I know for one thing, I keep getting spikes in my TPS which triggers a TPSAccell enrichment, so I'm hoping that a capacitor across the leads will help with that.

I've also noticed that at idle, the MAP reading is higher than when it is just off idle; I'm told that this is likely due to it having a larger than stock cam in it (previous owner's doing).

Any help is appreciated.

How do you have everything set up? Your engine configuration, etc? That might give people a better idea of how they could help you.

Good point, thank you:

1976 Datsun 280z.

L28 with an unknown cam from previous owner.

Megasquirt 2 on a v3.0 board with latest firmware.

EDIS ignition in wastespark though GM NDIS coils.

Innovate LC-1 Wideband.

Attached is the recent tune and datalog. Looking through them, I think I have a lot of noise on my sensors. :( I've noticed that my idle does this constant rise and fall, and looking at the logs, I'm wondering if it has to do with my map sensor being all over the place. I've heard about putting a restriction in the tubing, so I'm going to try that tomorrow as well. I did try adding a 4.7uf capacitor to the TPS and it seems to have taken out some of the spikes, but I think on this log, I had the lag set too low so it also erased some of the stabs I took at the throttle.

Can anyone take a peak at my tune and logs and see if there is anything I've missed? Does anyone have any mods for cleaning up the sensors?

Megasquirt MSQ MSL.zip

Okay, so I watched a part of your log. One thing that I immediately notice is that your fuel map is very blocky- no smooth transitions between cells or anything. You might try switching to tunerstudio and let it auto tune a little bit, or have megalogviewer do the VE Analyzer. I think your sensors are fine, mine are probably worse than that and my car runs very well. These systems can be frustrating to get running right (took me six months) but they are very rewarding once they are set up properly.