HybridZ

series II swap crossmember questions

Calico

1. I'm planning a new build & needed some insight on the demensions on the s130T/280zx turbo crossmember? Is it removable, bolted in or welded? Theres no kit for the Series II GM 3800 w/4l60e i wanna swap in but another build stated its a pretty close match demension wise to the l28et. Could i torch the off old datsun mounts/perches & weld on the Series II GM 3800 w/4l60e mounts where i need them, replacing the original nissan mounts? Would it be smarter to use a aftermarket universal crossmember w/ similiar demensions? Besides the cross member how else it the original l28et mounted? I would like the new drivtrain mounted back as far as possible? How about the transmission crossmemeber?

2. This thread, http://forums.hybrid...eo/page__st__20, states the s130 has rear suspension issue over 400+hp. Any insight?

3. Any1 know ways around the zx steering column if it interferes w/ exhaust manifolds? Flaming river, relocation ect?