HybridZ

My Dream LS7GTZ.......project underway

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt, first time i've seen this thread on the second page. Any up-dates?

Car is coming out of paint and body next week and the back to the shop to put her back together. I'm trying like hell to get her ready for the NASA National Championships at Road Atlanta in August. 

Hey guys,

My car is being featured in this months Import Tuner magazine. It is going to be the last issue of this publication as it along with numerous others have been put out of circulation. Go grab a copy as it really is a great article.

post-13190-0-43726900-1405085988_thumb.jpg

My new screen saver. Am I seeing that last photo correctly: did they replace the guard rail along the final straight of AMP with a big sand trap?

Keith,

That trap has always been there. Remember that is looking back up the straight at T15 T16. That is the final track out pit. It doesn't do much if you are at full speed as I have gone through it and totalled my Corvette in the tire barrier at 130mph impact. My data shows where my speed actually increased when I went off......It had been raining for days and the track was green and the sand was very packed and not raked or furrowed. 

You mean that Sand Trap?

post-13190-0-35699700-1405457305_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Progress on the rebuild..........

Custom headers made and I am going to box in side pipes to get the heat out from under the car better and therre is no room in the tunnel. The new T56 tranny is bigger than the TKO600. This was the best option.  I might go back and splice in a burns muffler but I just want to hear it on track like this first. 

post-13190-0-05938000-1406608552_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-19818200-1406608553_thumb.jpg

You may have some hot feet, but no one will hear you screaming over those pipes! It's gonna sound great. In the event that the car isn't ready for Z Nats, any chance of a road trip to the shop on Saturday to see the beast in the flesh? I just got a second stock mirror that I hope to bond a concave mirror to-hoping to have as many deficiencies noted at last track day corrected. Visibility was your biggest criticism of my car that I heard from you...and the brakes.

• 4 weeks later...

You may have some hot feet, but no one will hear you screaming over those pipes! It's gonna sound great. In the event that the car isn't ready for Z Nats, any chance of a road trip to the shop on Saturday to see the beast in the flesh? I just got a second stock mirror that I hope to bond a concave mirror to-hoping to have as many deficiencies noted at last track day corrected. Visibility was your biggest criticism of my car that I heard from you...and the brakes.

Lets make sure we have back up pads and I'm sure your fluid is of new high quality. You can buy a Long-acre concave mirror that will solve all your problems. I have an old style 5 panel Wink mirror Ill give you if you need one. You would just have to fab some brackets.

My car will be at Z Nationals for sure. It wont be running as it is way too loud.

I will be competing, HOPEFULLY, this coming week at Road Atlanta in the NASA National Championships. The car is coming along nicely and here are some secret spy shots. Really done some new and exciting things up front by laying the radiator down and venting the hood GT style. 

Its hard to notice from these shots but we changed the rake on the hood considerably. The whole front nose is much more agressive and aerodynamic. More pictures to come. I have 5 working days to have the car on track.

post-13190-0-07020100-1408659831_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-28700300-1408659832_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-09820400-1408659833_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-97180600-1408659833_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-87660700-1408659834_thumb.jpg

post-13190-0-95300900-1408659835_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know I stated about two months ago that I would be at Z1 this year, but I'm still sidelined with medical issues from my crash.  I will not be climbing in any cars for rides, won't be bringing my car, and since those two are off the table, I will not be coming to this event.  Sorry guys.  Really looked forward to this.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...