IMSA widebody kit from JTM

RaceTech racing seats with halo

Momo quick release wheel

Full Roll Cage

Lexan side and rear windows

Custom duct 4 pin hood setup

Complete cockpit and engine bay fire system

ENGINE:

LS7 Block / Callies rods / LS7 Crank / Mahle pistons / MTI CNC ported LS3 heads / MTI Custom grind comp cam and lifters / KSTech timing chain / ARE dry sump system

TRANSMISSION:

TKO 600 RR Tranny / Quarter Master race clutch, bellhousing, flywheel, TO bearing, starter / Custom drive shaft

EXHAUST:

Kooks custom headers / Burns stainless mufflers / custom 3in. piping with crossover

COOLING:

Custom Griffin Radiator and fans / custom brake ducting

SUSPENSION:

Arizona full "TRACK PACK" setup / Q-45 Diff with carbonetics

WHEELS AND TIRES:

CCW race wheels / Hoosier R6 335 and R6 315

DATA:

Race Technology Digital Dash2 / RT Data logger DL1 Mk3 / RT GPS

I have attached a few pics to represent progress. I didn't attach the front air dam, hood or headlight covers, so please don't think it's finished, just for photo sake.

She's gonna be a screamer.....

post-13190-015017400 1301985418_thumb.jpg

post-13190-015449300 1301985463_thumb.jpg

post-13190-040048200 1301985521_thumb.jpg

Guy's,

Engine is being built as we speak. Cleaning engine bay of just about everything. It should be ready in a few weeks. We are trying to figure a good location for the dry sump system, keeping in mind the balance of the car and heat factors. Transmission arrived yesterday. Getting template for new 22 gallon FuelSafe race cell and cutting that out this week. This is a real fun part of the build where stuff is arriving, it's like Christmas morning opening boxes. The new wheels and suspension are about three weeks out. I will be putting together a list of all the items I will have for sale soon. The L28 short block Turbo engine (minus the wastegate) with P90 head, Delta cam, Schneider springs, light port work, BHJ damper, 550 RC injectors, PT61 T4 Turbo with GT35R compressor wheel, supra intercooler, the coil overs, Koni shocks, 15/16th front sway bar, wilwood racing brakes and calipers, 12 gallon race cell, newly rebuilt 5 speed from a late model ZX (5th gear is racing ratio not overdrive), ArizonaZ front and rear adjustable chromolly control arms (older style, but real nice), Titlton twin disk racing clutch 5in. short throw, HKS 10 lb flywheel, 3 piece 15x10f 15 x 14r Kiezer 4 lug racing wheels with Avon slicks that have a few laps left in them, a custom race dash with all new Autometer gauges.

I just got to a point where I wanted to take the car in a complete different direction. If someone was wanting to upgrade their present ride here's the whole package. Haven't thought about pricing yet but will soon. Put the word out. It was putting out 348 rwhp at 15 psi and 408 rwhp at 20 psi on the last track day. I will keep updating pics as we move forward.

Thanks guy's,

Matt

Parts are starting to come in. Nothing like new, right out of the box, clean parts.

I've attached a few pics to show progress.

Quarter master 5.5 triple plate clutch. It's ultra compact and will allow us to run a reverse mount starter and very compact bellhousing. This will allow us to wrap the headers and exhaust down and around the motor in a much tighter fashion.

Here's a view of the bellhousing. This setup is all designed to work together, so there's no need to shim the throw out bearing

Tremec TKO-600 Transmission. It's designed to take some serious abuse.

Engine should be in by next week. :-D

post-13190-008411800 1302274386_thumb.jpg

post-13190-054163600 1302274574_thumb.jpg

post-13190-025341600 1302274599_thumb.jpg

Is that an ARE pan?

Yes, It is. The oil cooling system of the LS7 under race conditions can be a weal link. We went with the ARE Dry Sump system to insure keeping the temp under control during high output. We are going to have to mount the system where the stock battery would go. The battery is relocated behind the passenger seat.

Matt

I've got the same set up on my ls1. I mounted my tank where the battery went. Had to cut the firewall and set the tank back a bit. If I had it to do over again I would have had a custom shaped tank made to fit the space.. I'm enjoying watching your progress. I hope o can see it in person one day.

I've got the same set up on my ls1. I mounted my tank where the battery went. Had to cut the firewall and set the tank back a bit. If I had it to do over again I would have had a custom shaped tank made to fit the space.. I'm enjoying watching your progress. I hope o can see it in person one day.

That's great input. I will certainly take a look at our space very carefully and consider the custom tank. Our first thought was under the passenger dash but I didn't want the extra heat in the cockpit (The firewall is getting well insulated). Second thought was behind the passenger seat but that would have filled the space for the cool suit cooler. The stock battery area is the best place after all is said and done. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of your old setup that I could learn from?

Appreciate the help........

Matt

Mark,

Thank you so much for the pictures. Very helpful....... When you said you had to modify the fender. Just notch out a hair to get it over far enough for clearance? I don't see how that would effect performance but did it conflict with the body/fender in any way. You said if you had it to do over again you would fab a custom tank. Wouldn't that make it smaller and ultimately effect cooling in high output situations? Or would it be the same size but just configured differently to fit the space?

Really appreciate your help,

Matt

I had to move the fender well closer to the front tire to make room for the tank to fit in that space. It would have been easier to get one of the race shops around here to make a tank. I think the capicity would be close to the 3 gallon tank I have now. It would have to have been shaped very differently and would have taken someone with skill and imagination to make it but I know it could be done.

Just keep in mind you need to have a way to easily drain the tank to change the oil.