HybridZ

JDM -Old School Pics

abes

Whoa

1485326119_9f04c8be06_b.jpg

Same body as the Nissan Cedric I had in Japan back in the late `80s. I wish I still had that car; top-of-the-line luxury version w/ all the bells and whistles. My wife drove it while I drove a `76 FairladyZ 2+2. The kicker? I paid ~$600. for the Cedric and $250. for the Z (little to no rust on either).

Back then brokers were shipping Z-cars for $800. to the states but I had to come home short-notice on (Red Cross) emergency leave and didn't return (signed both cars and POA over to a buddy of mine to supervise/ship my household goods back). :* |

I don't think so, the Cedric and Skyline Kenmeri are two totally different cars.

And in the JDM, the CEdric was available with the L28, whereas the Skylines in JDM were all L20's or derivatives---they never got the L24 or larger engines there.

Cedric 230

250px-Nissan_Cedric_230_002.JPG

Cedric 330

250px-Nissan_Cedric_330a.jpg

They were avaialble in 2-doors as well. Kinda like the Hot Impala SS of Japan...

800px-Datsun_260C_2door_rhd.JPG

A Laurel and Skyline, maybe. Never a Cedric and a Skyline! :huh:

I don't think so, the Cedric and Skyline Kenmeri are two totally different cars.

And in the JDM, the CEdric was available with the L28, whereas the Skylines in JDM were all L20's or derivatives---they never got the L24 or larger engines there.

Tony is correct.

Great thread on the Honda forum, I was up way too late perusing those pictures.

Yasin

They were avaialble in 2-doors as well. Kinda like the Hot Impala SS of Japan...

800px-Datsun_260C_2door_rhd.JPG

Ok, poor choice of 'word' as I had the 2 dr version and it was also 25 yrs ago, I'm old, give me a break; I know what I drove and vaguely recall the body style being very similar--that's all. :wink: