HybridZ

pedal assembly

lowdown

Nooooooooooooooooooo! lol went to look at it, but couldn't find my flashlight lol

Most of the bolts are accessible except for 2 on the top part of the pedal box. Well, if you have cracks that you want to fix on your dash then you might as well do it all at once cause you have to pull the dash to do that. Make sure you get the pedal box for a 240z and not a 260z/280z, the bolt pattern/booster is different. I know cause I bought a 240z box and just found out the hard way that it does not fit, but I think I'll be able to transfer the pedals to the auto pedal box.

Edited by Daz

I did the same thing (Auto to manual in my LS1 swap). I was pulling the dash anyway for gauge replacement. It is true if you want to change the whole pedal box the dash has to come out. It seemed to me you can swap the pedals without changing the box though. My auto box was exactly the same as the other manual box I got just had a different brake pedal. I'm using my auto box now cause it had zero rust compared to the other one I bought so I know it works/fits.

It doesn't look like it would be too bad to just add the clutch pedal into the auto box and add the correct manual brake pedal. I had a friend do this on his 260z (just swapped/added pedals). Taking out the dash kinda sucks the 1st time so I would avoid it if possible.

This was on an April 73 240z. FYI. 70-72s use a different box completely and the clutch pedal itself is different. I believe its the same on in the 260z.

Probably the same deal on your 300zx. Try to find just the pedals or see if you can remove the pedal from your existing box.

Edited by Aero Z

I did the same thing (Auto to manual in my LS1 swap). I was pulling the dash anyway for gauge replacement. It is true if you want to change the whole pedal box the dash has to come out. It seemed to me you can swap the pedals without changing the box though. My auto box was exactly the same as the other manual box I got just had a different brake pedal. I'm using my auto box now cause it had zero rust compared to the other one I bought so I know it works/fits.

It doesn't look like it would be too bad to just add the clutch pedal into the auto box and add the correct manual brake pedal. I had a friend do this on his 260z (just swapped/added pedals). Taking out the dash kinda sucks the 1st time so I would avoid it if possible.

This was on an April 73 240z. FYI. 70-72s use a different box completely and the clutch pedal itself is different. I believe its the same on in the 260z.

Probably the same deal on your 300zx. Try to find just the pedals or see if you can remove the pedal from your existing box.

This is what I'm planning on doing ! I gotta get my auto pedal box back from my dad(he's going LQ9/6.0 mated to a 700R4 in his 5sp 260z) so i can swap pedals !