HybridZ

77 280z hybrid

New8I3

ok so I know im new here and everything but in need of a little bit of help. Im buying my best friends 77 z and im going to do a rb25 neo swap and ive heard of people using 240sx subframes for this said swap. so my question is has anybody else heard of this subframe swap and if so how common is it?

I haven't seen anyone using a 240SX subframe for the purpose of putting an RB25 in the car, in fact I doubt that would work... What I have seen are 240SX REAR subframes used to get the rear multi-link setup to replace the stock setup in the back. I've also seen one person with a S12 front subframe with RB25 for the purpose of putting power steering into a Z. I'm immitating that swap myself eventually, but I expect to have to fabricate something similar to the mckinney mounts used to put a RB into a 240SX. Only issue there is going to be the placement of the sump.

So simply put - no, don't do a 240SX front subframe to mount your RB, it won't work.

ok so I know im new here and everything but in need of a little bit of help. Im buying my best friends 77 z and im going to do a rb25 neo swap and ive heard of people using 240sx subframes for this said swap. so my question is has anybody else heard of this subframe swap and if so how common is it?

You've heard wrong.