HybridZ

Carlos's 280z

Carlos.

Nothing like seeing it all come together as a builder restorer, and inspirational to others who get the chance to see it in a build thread like this.

Stunning car and workmanship, concratulations.

Cheers

John

John,

I appreciate your comments...thanks

Carlos

The car looks absolutely fantastic so far! I do think it might pull a little with the mismatched front tires.

And yes, I am kidding about the tires! :)

Thanks for your comments, very impressive collection of toys you have there yourself...

• 1 month later...

Health100.jpg

Great job! Did you mount the seats (LG1's?) to the stock points or did you fab up some new mounts? Do they hit your door panels at all?

I was thinking about getting that suede material, is it comfortable and do you think it would wear well?

Great job! Did you mount the seats (LG1's?) to the stock points or did you fab up some new mounts? Do they hit your door panels at all?

I was thinking about getting that suede material, is it comfortable and do you think it would wear well?

I have had them now for two years and they do wear well, they are also very comfortable. I'm not very big, so I slide right into them...The manufacturer sells the rail, the part number for my 78-280Z was D212T, I believe for your 240z the part number changes to C22011. I don't have the pictures to show you but, we cut out the brackets from the original rails and welded them to the new seat rails. I have about 3/4" clearance on the top of the seat from the door panel and around 3/8" from the lower section to the arm rest at the closest points. Hope that helps you.

I have had them now for two years and they do wear well, they are also very comfortable. I'm not very big, so I slide right into them...The manufacturer sells the rail, the part number for my 78-280Z was D212T, I believe for your 240z the part number changes to C22011. I don't have the pictures to show you but, we cut out the brackets from the original rails and welded them to the new seat rails. I have about 3/4" clearance on the top of the seat from the door panel and around 3/8" from the lower section to the arm rest at the closest points. Hope that helps you.

That's great, thanks Carlos. From what I have found, a lot of ppl modify the mounts to gain more headroom. I am glad to hear that there is door clearance as this would be much harder to fix.

• 3 years later...